Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished putting on my tfs heads and also added some motorsport roller rockers. i went ahead and bought some trick flow standard valve covers too. i really like them, there is only one problem. i have no where to put an oil cap. there was already a hole in the covers when i got them(bought them from a friend) which is in the stock location. however, the throttle body and cold air induction are in the way. so i don't really know what to do to rig up an oil cap. how important is it for me to retain that stock crankcase vent that goes from the CAI to the oil filler neck? i thought about just capping that off. but i'm afraid it won't breath enough. just curious if anyone has any cool pics of things they have done or any good ideas. thanks

·
Registered
624 Posts
I bought the TFS valve covers new,im planning putting two breathers on them and using that for the oil fill.I use the breathers instead of the oil vent.The other thing i dont know about is the fact TFS says i need a 3/8" spacer,and may need to drill the holes to move the valve cover back to clear the alt.I may just use my old valve covers and let my dad have the TFS ones.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't have a pic of them, but I have M-6582-E302P valve covers. I like them a lot. Thet really look great. They are chrome and say Ford Racing on them. They also have breather holes already drilled out. The only problem with them is you need a 1" spacer. I had to get the taller valve covers because of my 1.72 rr. Hope this helps.

-Billy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts