Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been awhile since I took my trans out of the car and I can't remember to correct way the bearing installs onto the fork.:confused: Everyway I install it (which I believe the bearing touches the pressure plate fingers??) it wants to fall out of those 2 prongs that are suppose to hold it on?:curses: I just dont want to have to take this thing back apart.:crying: THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU!!!! That's exactly what I needed to see. Does your bearing stay in there pretty snug or will a little shack make it fall out? When I took it off the car it was real snug but I cleaned it off and know it just wants to slid right off between the prongs. Once the tranny goes in will it hold it in place and for me not to worry about how it feels on the fork? I tried installing it into the bellhousing but when I went to hook up the clutch cable the bearing fell out into the bell housing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can bend the springs out a little to hold the bearing a little tighter.Just don't go overboard otherwise you will be buying a new fork.The bearing should sit in the fork a little snug.

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Am I missing something or just don't understand? U shouldn't be hooking the clutch cable up UNTIL the tranny is installed & bolted down. As U stated earlier " Then it can't fall out"!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Am I missing something or just don't understand? U shouldn't be hooking the clutch cable up UNTIL the tranny is installed & bolted down. As U stated earlier " Then it can't fall out"!!!
Not sure how i missed that.As midnightrider stated make sure to hook the cable last after the trans has been installed.

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANK YOU ALL!!:salute:

I got it in and took it for a 140 mile drive and so far so good:):):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts