Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...AND a Steeda strut tower Brace? I wonder if the complete to TB setup will fit under strut tower brace??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
All I can say is do a search. I believe this very same question was asked about 1 week ago. I can't remember who started the thread or what it was called, but do a search for "densecharger" and you should find it pretty quickly.

Hope that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
blue88mustang said:
All I can say is do a search. I believe this very same question was asked about 1 week ago. I can't remember who started the thread or what it was called, but do a search for "densecharger" and you should find it pretty quickly.

Hope that helps.
That was me that started that thread in fact. I was looking under the hood last night and looking at a few DenseCharger install pics. I don't see why it will not work with the Steeda brace. The Steeda brace seems to be much higher than other strut braces, therefore I ordered the DenseCharger about 2 hours ago.
I was told that I would be credited for the tube if I did not use that portion (from TB to MAM). Again, I don't see why this will not work, but I've been wrong before........... once.

I'll keep you informed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
It's a soft tube anyway. It'll probably dent when it passes the strut tower, but probably will clear the brace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
lo pony said:
It's a soft tube anyway. It'll probably dent when it passes the strut tower, but probably will clear the brace.
Choking it down by denting it too much is going to negate any gains you get from having the larger tubing in the first place. If it dents on the brace, I would go back to the stock tubing from the MAF to the throttle body. I got the densecharger on right now, and as it is without a brace it dents on the tower, but it is not too significant. I am thinking of creating a "brace" to hold the densecharger tube up off of the tower so that it doesnt dent.
I can tell you from the way mine looks that I couldn't imagine having a strut tower brace on there with the densecharger tube. It just wouldnt fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
01ConvCobra said:


Choking it down by denting it too much is going to negate any gains you get from having the larger tubing in the first place. If it dents on the brace, I would go back to the stock tubing from the MAF to the throttle body. I got the densecharger on right now, and as it is without a brace it dents on the tower, but it is not too significant. I am thinking of creating a "brace" to hold the densecharger tube up off of the tower so that it doesnt dent.
I can tell you from the way mine looks that I couldn't imagine having a strut tower brace on there with the densecharger tube. It just wouldnt fit.
I can understand what you are saying for your Cobra. The TB position on the manifold makes it impossible for a DenseCharger and strut brace. However, I should not have this problem on my GT.
Again, I'll keep people informed of any problems and post pics upon install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Even a moderate, gradual dent in the Densecharger rubber inlet hose is far superior to the corrugated interior of the stock pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
FYI, the GT pipe is ABS plastic, not rubber. The only rubber on the GT pipe is the clamp areas from the MAF to pipe and from the pipe to the TB.

The Cobra pipes have a 90* rubber elbow that can easily dent on the strut tower or be squished down to fit under a STB. However, I don't suggest allowing the DC pipe to be "dented" in any way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
blue88mustang said:
FYI, the GT pipe is ABS plastic, not rubber. The only rubber on the GT pipe is the clamp areas from the MAF to pipe and from the pipe to the TB.
Yep. That's what I thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Mine isn't plastic - I don't know what yours is made of. Mine is rubber from the MAF to the throttle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
Please note ABOVE statement! The GT pipes are plastic. The 99+ Cobra pipes are a rubber Elbow. Finally, the 96-98 Cobra pipes are a 90* rubber elbow cut into 2 pieces with a 6" pipe stuck between the two ends.

Try looking at www.densecharger.com for about 2 seconds and you will see the differences between all the different pipes. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,320 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - the GEEETEEEEEEEE pipe is PLASTIC, and NOT RUBBER.

Thank you THANK you for clearing that up once and for all!

sheesh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
I have checked into this very same item. The Densecharger will fit under the stock STB with minor mods to a gusset on the corner of a '96 Cobra which is what I was inquiring about. There is a picture of the car on their web site and they will fax you instructions on how to do it. The guy who owns the car actually posts here, dont remember his screen name right now but it will fit. Also, I got my hands on a Steeda Chro-moly STB which does appear to ride a little higher and seems it should fit with no mods, havent tried the fit however yet. Hope this helps...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
TriBlkCobra said:
I have checked into this very same item. The Densecharger will fit under the stock STB with minor mods to a gusset on the corner of a '96 Cobra which is what I was inquiring about. There is a picture of the car on their web site and they will fax you instructions on how to do it. The guy who owns the car actually posts here, dont remember his screen name right now but it will fit. Also, I got my hands on a Steeda Chro-moly STB which does appear to ride a little higher and seems it should fit with no mods, havent tried the fit however yet. Hope this helps...
Willie, Did you order one? Are they shipping the 96-98 Cobra TB to MAF pipe now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
DLF said:


Willie, Did you order one? Are they shipping the 96-98 Cobra TB to MAF pipe now?
Not yet Doug, but that's the one I've made my mind up on and yes apparently they are now shipping them. Got any dyno info yet on your Accufab TB?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
TriBlkCobra said:


Not yet Doug, but that's the one I've made my mind up on and yes apparently they are now shipping them. Got any dyno info yet on your Accufab TB?
No dyno info, but.... The part throttle response is better, and I picked up 1-1.5 MPH at the strip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Just bolting it on with no other changes picked up 1-1.5 MPH trap?!?! WOW! Were the track and air conditions similiar? That is very good information to have. Did you forward that on to John yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,099 Posts
TriBlkCobra--- That guy with the DC/stock STB would be me :D

For those interested, the cobra pipes are now ready. I have worked with John for the last 5 months or so on the new pipe for the 96-98 cobras. After several models and me hacking on my STB to get it to fit, we have come up with a design that fits with a couple very minor mods(one to the STB and removing one of the studs for the spark plug wire cover hold down).

It fits, but just barely. However after all that work, I don't think my STB will fit with my new Maximum Motorsports C/C plates :( Oh well, for some reason, my 88 5.0 is the better AutoXer, even with crappy brakes, smaller tires and less power.

Hope that helps.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top