Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After re-street-car-ing my 95, I'm going to put a forward facing car seat in the back to take my 2 year old around in. Anyone have one?

I put it in the other day and the seatbelt was pulling it on a bad angle and I was not happy with the way it was fitting. It could have been the seat itself and I don't mind getting another seat if necessary, but I wanted to see what others have done first.

Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just don't think the seats are designed to hold a large car seat. I have used a booster seat in mine without a problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have a 94 convertible, and a 2 yo daughter. She sits in the back seat on the passenger side in her car seat and its sits perfectly. The only thing is that my passenger in the front seat gets a little cramped because you can not push the seat back too far. but the child seat sits in there nice and straight, you just have to push down on the seat hard as you tighten up on the belt.

Hope this helps you Rob

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob - what brand/style seat do you have? I'd put her behind the driver seat and I'm short anyway so that's not a big problem for me.

I have a feeling the seat I have just doesn't have a good base on it. I had a problem with it in one other car as well, but our other seat fits that vehicle fine.

Anaconda, yeah those are neat, but expensive. I also get a big discount on other good name brands.

·
Registered
510 Posts
well my son is 6 and I've used a graco carseat as well as the graco booster seat. Right now my GF has a 7mo so I use one of those rear facing mount the base and the seat snaps in and out seats. It's a great setup because when you pull the carrier out you can just carry the kid in it and it even fits perfectly onto those wooden high chairs that resteraunts use.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I almost always have a booster for my son (5-1/2) and occasionally I have forward facing car seat for my daughter 22 months. I think that my daughters is a Graco and it leans slightly towards the center, but it looks down tight and I am not worried about the safety of it.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool thanks for the info!

·
Registered
30 Posts
my seat is a Century Accel dlx model#45200. it was reasonably priced ;i think i got it at Coscos for about $70-$80. It has a 5 point harness and has an excellent safety rating,and the best part is that it is black to match the color of my interior,most people see it because the top is ALWAYS down. Car never sees any type of bad weather.

Good luck Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts