Ford Mustang Forums banner

Anyone from East TN at the Corral?

2M views 39K replies 280 participants last post by  93Cobra#2771 
#1 · (Edited)
I live in the Knoxville area. Anybody else near to K-town? We could all hook up and scare some Hondas! ;)

This was the post that started this all. It's been over a year! I'm thinking it's time for a party!!!

#34,781 ·
It was all I could do over the past few years of caring for Jean's mom to NOT speak out -- all the energy that went into voter registration/ballot by mail/etc. at the senior communities where Jean's mom lived. Having spent so much time there and come to know most of the residents -- I'd say a good 80% of them impaired by cognitive decline and dementia. They have a right to vote, but not the intellectual ability to do so in a way that makes any sense. It's another piece of the problem.

#34,782 ·
Shame on ANYONE who goes in and knowingly solicits votes in that way. Unfortunately, I don't see any way for that problem to be solved. There will never be any legislation to impede those types of votes. Founding fathers didn't allow for cognitive decline in the bill of rights/constitution. It's actually a bit surprising they didn't think of that. Then again, the average lifespan was a whole lot less than it is now. I imagine people were dying long before the cognitive decline, except in the cases of dementia and such.

Of course, the had to travel to vote, and I can't imagine too many people lining up to take mentally unstable to declined people to go vote during those years. Not exactly an easy journey.

Reactions: CDW6212R
#34,783 ·
Average life expectancy in 1780 was 36. Life was tough. Age related dementia/cognitive decline was not an issue. Cognitive decline due to a horse kick in the head likely happened fairly often though. Come to think of it, a horse kick in the head might do a lot of our elected officials good.

#34,784 ·
Shame on ANYONE who goes in and knowingly solicits votes in that way. Unfortunately, I don't see any way for that problem to be solved. There will never be any legislation to impede those types of votes. Founding fathers didn't allow for cognitive decline in the bill of rights/constitution. It's actually a bit surprising they didn't think of that. Then again, the average lifespan was a whole lot less than it is now. I imagine people were dying long before the cognitive decline, except in the cases of dementia and such.

Of course, the had to travel to vote, and I can't imagine too many people lining up to take mentally unstable to declined people to go vote during those years. Not exactly an easy journey.
That should be the major requirement, go vote at a proper location. Voting by mail or from out of the registered location should be very limited, and that's where most verification should be concentrated on. Do that and require proper ID, 99% of the normal voter fraud is handled. The killer is when voting, the votes don't matter, when the counting facilities are full of people deciding who wins by altering votes. That's unfortunately where we are now since 2020, nothing seems to have been changed in the election system.

Gavin Newsom is emboldened by his recall election, and now aims for the kingship which they gave to Biden.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771
#34,785 ·
Average life expectancy in 1780 was 36. Life was tough. Age related dementia/cognitive decline was not an issue. Cognitive decline due to a horse kick in the head likely happened fairly often though. Come to think of it, a horse kick in the head might do a lot of our elected officials good.
LOL, I was thinking of kick to the head of voters, ... but that sounds better.

#34,786 ·
If they don’t pass the test their vote gets “counted” in the circular plastic bag lined vote collector.

Back in our founding, one had to be a land owner to vote. No skin in the game then you can’t vote to take things from others.

Thanks for reminding me about the A&W burgers Michael. I remember you mentioning that maybe a decade ago. It still blows my mind. The dumbing down of America….. it’s a success!

#34,788 · (Edited)
With electronic voting/counting - I’m equally concerned with counting fraud. Particularly that coded so it’s very hard to detect. There’s a huge difference between “The courts said there was no fraud” and “The courts said there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute fraud.” The latter statement is what actually happened in 2020. The former statement is the one usually used to describe what happened.

#34,789 ·
Ditto, there was virtually no evidence collected, almost none available, thus not enough to prosecute anything. They had no useful video, everything there was, had low resolution and not close enough to see anything. The apparent vote manipulating was complicated but relatively easy to do(and cover up), if there is no video to show any of it.

#34,793 ·
#34,795 ·
I'm pretty much with you Bob -- I'd just add the word "possible" in between 'the' and 'side'. I've got friends whose quality of life has been dramatically improved without significant side effects because of anti-depressants. They do cause problems in some people; for others - they are life savers. Therein lies the challenge - how do we do a better job of paying attention and finding the problems before they manifest in a tragedy.

#34,796 ·
Either the drugs are causing the issues, or they were born with the issues and the drugs aren't helping. It's really hard to grasp what is causing these mass murders. What is plainly obvious, though, is that no matter what red flag laws have been enacted, the lack of followup and not even following proper procedure for them has been a massive fail for those laws.

The latest guy had major issues, including suicide threats, and threats to "kill everyone". Yet people stuck their head in the sand, didn't report, didn't file charges, nothing was put on his record. So when he went to buy the guns, he passed the background check. Fail all around.

#34,797 ·
I'm pretty much with you Bob -- I'd just add the word "possible" in between 'the' and 'side'. I've got friends whose quality of life has been dramatically improved without significant side effects because of anti-depressants. They do cause problems in some people; for others - they are life savers. Therein lies the challenge - how do we do a better job of paying attention and finding the problems before they manifest in a tragedy.
We need more safe spaces, and gun controls. ;)

#34,798 ·
I've got family where it is helpful. Namely after PTSD from war. But, I have other family who struggle with "the world" because it doesn't go "their way". There is a need for it, but we are trying to manage a part of the body that doctors know very little about compared to every other organ studied.

I can't take credit for this statement and I forget where I heard it or read it. But, thoughts of the mind are like a large group of muscles, the parts you give the most thought to become the strongest. Just like any muscle group on the body, when you work it more, it gets stronger and the ones around it can get weaker if not exercised too.

#34,799 ·
I think the degradation of the typical family unit has had a huge effect on the lack of "catching" mental health issues before they manifest. With a divorce rate of over 50%, fractured families, hybrid families, parents hating each other's guts, and more importantly hating each other more than they love their child. What kind of role model does a child have if parents are brutal to each other, fighting over every single thing, and the kid is left spinning in the wind as a pawn?

I truly believe many of these acts are designed to draw attention. Guess what? They get their attention. The media loves to talk endlessly about mass murders. Love to focus on the gun and the "gun culture" that we have. Yet, when a good guy shoots a bad guy, you hear crickets.

It's all about the clicks, and unfortunately, gun clicks are the most popular clicks to run a story about.