Ford Mustang Forums banner
36441 - 36460 of 36487 Posts

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Love those long wheel studs. I used them on my coupe as well.

Your logic is makes perfect sense Michael. Though it's a sad day as it tells me my day is getting closer as well.

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Well I need to pic a few fox body brains. My environmental controls panel no longer lights up. I am not getting power at the two prong connector (light blue w red stripe) at the bottom center of the unit. Black wire there has continuity with ground.

I've checked the 5A fuse (location 13) in the panel and fuse is good and tight.

So next I'll check continuity from the fuse box to the connector.

Am I missing anything?

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Ok I have continuity from the fuse box to the connector so the wire there is good. But no power at the fuse box location.

This is new for me (old car lol??). So next to drop the fuse box and see what I see on the back side.

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Nothing obviously wrong on back of fuse box but not much room to pull it down and inspect either.

Wiring diagram suggests the LB/R wire runs from the hazard switch dash connector and my hazards are not working either. Interesting.

Can't wait to find out whazzup.

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Well that sure is a good idea. Thanks Michael. I'll try that today.

I think I am getting no power into to that location on fuse but but your test will confirm. Thanks for the idea.

· Registered
14,542 Posts
You may get all the little things done, and cleaned up, and decide not to sell lol.

· Registered
38,002 Posts
It’s on the list - however, value offset by putting the T5z behind it. LOL…. On the other hand - it will also accept a TKO/TKX or a vintage Toploader 4 speed. Hays aluminum flywheel, McLeod pressure plate/clutch disc, Moser 31 spline axles, TrueTrac LSD, 3.55 gears, etc, etc.

· Registered
14,542 Posts
So, finally getting around to my 3g alternator conversion on the cobra. Took me thirty minutes to figure out where I tucked the factory harness in behind the passenger headlight. After all, been 15 plus years since I did all that.

I’ll also be reusing my big cable from my previous alternator so there won’t be any chance of frying the old wiring. I’ll use the factory harness to turn it on and off.

I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to continue wrenching on cars. Bending under the hood is brutal on my back. I should probably look into some specific exercises to strengthen this areas in lower back.

anything past around 45 degrees bend and I have ti hold myself up with a hand. No bueno.

I don’t have that problem with the truck, though. You can actually stand straight up and work under the hood lol.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

· Registered
38,002 Posts
"I’m not sure how long I’ll be able..." ---- see my post above about reasons for selling the Volvo. Although, I don't have any specific ailment to speak of. Just realizing if I keep at it as I both age and begin to have more cognitive impairment -- somebody's likely to get hurt. Glad you're making progress Richard. And yes -- take care of that back.

· Registered
14,542 Posts
Pretty confident it’s that one nerve that I have issues with. My suspicion is when I’m bent over it immediately starts compressing it. Always when I’m bent at the waist. I can bend my knees slightly and it gives immediate relief. Just hard to bend at knees for long.

· Registered
4,457 Posts
Try this exercise for any back problems; stand up straight and gently bend backwards a comfortable amount. Hold that for 5-10 seconds. The constant bending over forward and doing all kinds of normal things, concentrates the forces from one side of the muscles.

Bend backwards anywhere for a brief time, 30 seconds, a few times of 5-10 seconds per, that will help somewhat no matter how your back is doing. I got that from a physical therapy I had years ago for a sore back. Besides the workout stuff, the stretching backwards helped at least as much as the strength exercises. There was one more but it needs you to lay down flat on your stomach, in bed normally. Lift your upper body up while relaxing your legs and waist, that does the same thing but gravity is helping and your arms are holding you up. I like the one standing the best, I can do that at work or at any time I feel a little stiff. Over a week or more it should make a noteworthy difference.

· Registered
14,542 Posts
Do you work lower back at the gym?
Yes - mobility, flexibility and light strength. Lots of core work, can hold a plank for 1:15 and can reverse planks, back extensions, etc. All the years of walking with one leg shorter than the other has tweaked my spine sideways and narrowed those nerve pathways (at least that's my guess). It's really not my muscles giving out but getting in a certain position that compresses the nerve(s). Very frustrating to deal with and has really started showing up in the last five years.

I am, however, going to try to do some more back focused weight training and see if that alleviates it.

Reactions: CDW6212R

· Registered
38,002 Posts
Got it -- yeah, as we've discussed on here before, pinched/inflamed nerves are just the worst to deal with.

About 9 months before I had my gall bladder removed, I started to develop pain in my shoulder. I'd injured it once or twice over the decades and thought it was the same thing. Maybe a small rotator cuff tear or just some soft tissue irritation. Would hurt like hell when I got it in certain positions. So I worked gently at flexibility, strength, trying to keep it out of the painful positions so as not to irritate things more, laying off of working it completely (rest). Nothing worked. I noticed about a week after I had my gall bladder removed that I had no more pain in my shoulder. I was in the gym walking after the surgery -- and I started chatting with an old retired internal medicine doctor there. I told him what I just told you. He smiled and said "removal of the gall bladder solved the problem." I'm like - what the hell are you talking about? He told me that in many people part of the nerve bundle that controls the shoulders runs close to the gall bladder. And an inflamed or diseased gall bladder often presents with "referred pain" in the shoulders. Go figure. There's wasn't a thing wrong with my shoulder.

36441 - 36460 of 36487 Posts