Ford Mustang Forums banner
36121 - 36140 of 36487 Posts

· Registered
14,541 Posts
That would be perfect for Alcoa Hwy and I40. LOL

· Registered
38,002 Posts
Too good. With that vehicle and a "live turret gun" Frank, my response would be - "....not if you kill her first." What a great job with the Thule bike/luggage carrier....

· Registered
14,541 Posts
Those are very cool, I've seen video and pics of assembly on them. Generally for ships, IIRC. You should see the size of the pistons for the geo compared to that motor. LOL

· Registered
14,541 Posts
Lol pistons are likely the size of the bolts holding the flywheel on. I want to say they are under 2” diameter.

· Registered
14,541 Posts
Well, that's bigger than I thought. I've seen recent pics of a guy holding one in his hand. The palm of his hand. Like a baby bottle lol.

· Registered
38,002 Posts
Long week over here -- Jean's mom at 93 dealing with the remnants of a U.T.I. -- and Tues tested positive for Covid. She's in a mental state (dementia) where she really doesn't understand what's happening. So we're back in "over there every day" mode.

· Registered
14,541 Posts
Long week over here -- Jean's mom at 93 dealing with the remnants of a U.T.I. -- and Tues tested positive for Covid. She's in a mental state (dementia) where she really doesn't understand what's happening. So we're back in "over there every day" mode.
Thoughts and prayers your way. Been down that road with the UTI and confusion over what’s going on. I’m sure you’re both aware of those ramifications.

· Registered
38,002 Posts
With the many other ailments my mom had going on in her mid-80's, it was the decline from a UTI that took her from us back in 2017. Thankfully, she had been ready to "go" for some time (she made it clear to us) and in that sense, not being able to bounce back from the infection was a blessing.

I've got to get back to my fried chicken breast fillet between two KrispyKreme Cruellers - washing it down with a Mountain Dew. Forget all this working out nonsense so I can have a sudden heart attack in 5 or 10 years and leave before all that other nonsense arrives. ;)

Reactions: CDW6212R

· Registered
14,541 Posts
My maternal grandmother with Alzheimer's, UTI eventually took her from us. Maternal Grandfather had prostate cancer, was in his 60's and passed in 83. Paternal Grandparents made it to 98 and 96 and were in relatively good health up until the last 6-8 months. Passed in 04 and 05.

Wife's parents both succumbed to cancer in relatively early ages. Her dad had leukemia and passed at the age of 55. Her mom survived a brain tumor at the age of 56 but then passed at age 67 from lung cancer. My Dad passed from lung cancer at 72.

It's all a crapshoot. No guarantees any of us won't have something major happen to us tomorrow. The longer we live, the more likely that case may be.

With all that being said, I hope when I go it's a sudden event so as not to be a burden to my family.

· Registered
38,002 Posts
It's going to be interesting to watch the boomer gen go through all this. Medicaid and Soc Security were never designed to even come close to financially dealing with the costs associated with this many people aging well into their 80's/90's. Lord knows the vast majority of individuals haven't planned/executed financial strategies so they can cover it themselves. Not enough money chasing too many problems. The story of our country...

· Registered
14,541 Posts
Richard -- tentative timeline for selecting contractor, getting started?
Working on quotes now. The one I'll likely us is the one who has done 45k worth of work for my brother when his house was hit by lightning, and around 8k worth of work for us on my in-laws place.

He only does one house at a time. He just signed contract on one, and estimates 6 months to complete. He's supposed to get with me next week to go look at the lot and figure out where and how to orient the house, and to factor in how much excavation will have to be done.

So, in theory, we could be started in May, give or take. We shall see.

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
Hey guys back on line. My 3M iphone died and took them two weeks to get my replacement approved due to boss being out on paternity leave and the holiday and a few kerfuffles on their end.

I bought a burner phone that I was using but had all my passwords on the iPhone. I purchased an iPad for apple backup but my itunes got wiped out as my laptop simultaneously had issues and needed a wipe and full restore fresh.

Anyway.... Back here and new 3M iphone working as well as my burner. Text my old cell if you'd like me to send you my backup burner #.

Business plans really coming together it looks like as I've had two equipment manufacturers respond to my queries on partnerships with them helping brjg my experience with slurry design and rheology into their realm to maximize their shell building ability. I have them both on hold till new year. Gives me time to meet again w my lawyer and set up S Corporation (I think I prefer over LLC). Tbd.

When larger foundries hear I am working with equipment manufacturers to enhance their systems I think I'll get a flood of requests asking I work with them also.

This may kick off way bigger way faster than I would or could have ever dreamed.

· Registered
38,002 Posts
I was just about to post "where the heck is Chris?" I think I hear the sound of building momentum and inevitability.... Should something transpire where you don't have access to that 3M cell, will the burner cell become your new number?

· Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,744 Posts
I plan to keep both. I've had too many "brick" events now. Learning to use android and it has some advantages and different disadvantages.

Meeting with my lawyer on the 12th to discuss details and likely begin filing for LLC or S Corp status. Then bank accounts and eventually website. I don't want to go cheap it's got to look GOOD but it will be simply designed. Just a place for folks to go and learn a bit about me and eventually have testimonials. Till then I hope to get some good character references to start with.

36121 - 36140 of 36487 Posts