Ford Mustang Forums banner
36101 - 36120 of 36135 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the day with friends and family, eat lots of good food.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Happy thanksgiving!

from the corvette article

“its own 87-mm throttle body. There are four velocity stacks in each manifold that funnel air into the intake ports and the manifolds are connected by three “communicator valves” between the two halves. These valves handle further fine tuning of the intake charge flow. The design of this active-induction intake, which uses pulses generated by one side of the engine to ram air into the other side, helps to boost the engine’s volumetric efficiency to about 110 percent, effectively allowing a 5.5-liter engine to ingest 6 liters of air.”

That’s thinking outside the box.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
That's very cool. Could certainly come in handy.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
My papaw had one of those. Except a darker brown. And not nearly as spiffy as that.

·
Registered
37,868 Posts
My older brother had two of them right after he and his first wife married. The first was a bright yellow -- 200 cube six, 3 speed manual on the floor. The second was a lime-green metallic - 250 six, automatic. That second one was modded in ways that were WAY ahead of the times. Lowered about an inch and half all around, super heavy duty Monroe (as I recall....) "Series F" dampers, added a sway bar to the rear and a bigger sway bar up front, American 14"x8" "200S" wheels, and a big set of Sears (made by Michelin) radials. Added an air dam in the front -- it was set up sort of "Trans Am" road racing style at a time when no one was doing that - circa '72. Wish I had some pictures of it. 50 years ago -- well, there wasn't anything remotely like it in town.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Papaws was a 302/auto column shift. Bone stock. At least I think it was a v8. After all, I was 3-4 years old lol. Not sure what year model, but I think the LTD after was an 84 so sometime before then lol.

He had a four door LTD 302/auto.

Reactions: Michael Yount

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
My latest purchase. It’s kind of satisfying using one. Broke the other one, handle was 50+ years old. Pretty good workout.

Musical instrument Wood Tints and shades Flooring Font

Reactions: Michael Yount

·
Registered
37,868 Posts

·
Registered
14,431 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
My latest purchase. It’s kind of satisfying using one. Broke the other one, handle was 50+ years old. Pretty good workout.

View attachment 1092779
Best workout you can possibly get. I broke the handle on one and ended up getting one with a composite handle. It's proven to be so sturdy because I've hammered that handle on a log many times. The downfall is that the force goes into your hands. LOL

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
My older brother had two of them right after he and his first wife married. The first was a bright yellow -- 200 cube six, 3 speed manual on the floor. The second was a lime-green metallic - 250 six, automatic. That second one was modded in ways that were WAY ahead of the times. Lowered about an inch and half all around, super heavy duty Monroe (as I recall....) "Series F" dampers, added a sway bar to the rear and a bigger sway bar up front, American 14"x8" "200S" wheels, and a big set of Sears (made by Michelin) radials. Added an air dam in the front -- it was set up sort of "Trans Am" road racing style at a time when no one was doing that - circa '72. Wish I had some pictures of it. 50 years ago -- well, there wasn't anything remotely like it in town.
My kind of style. Never really cared for 1/4 mile racing. Would love pics of that second one.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Best workout you can possibly get. I broke the handle on one and ended up getting one with a composite handle. It's proven to be so sturdy because I've hammered that handle on a log many times. The downfall is that the force goes into your hands. LOL
Yes, this one is composite as well. And hollow. And we all know that hollow has less flex than solid in most cases. We shall see how comfortable it is using it. They should incorporate baseball bat tech into ax handles, much less shock involved I imagine. Most full composition bats are actually two piece. Increase "whip" and less shock when you hit the ball on the bat in the wrong spot.

So when can we plan to crash this place? Maybe Frank will have his 351 powered MG done to rumble up the mountain and hang out.
Folks, you saw it here first. LAKE PARTY when this place finally gets built. 🙃

Reactions: MustangII460x2
36101 - 36120 of 36135 Posts