Ford Mustang Forums banner
36061 - 36080 of 36135 Posts

·
Registered
37,868 Posts
The guy I sold it to lives in Augusta where I grew up. His family and mine went to church together. David Miles. About 4 years older than me. I have his number in my phone -- saw him about 14 years ago when I took the Volvo down to a car show in Augusta. He said he'd call me if/when he got ready to sell it. It's been repainted white since I sold it to him in '87 - otherwise exactly the same.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Truck bumper update: ready to mount it back up of the temps would get above 40. Hoping to do so tomorrow afternoon.

Also refreshed my HID retrofitted headlights. New ignitors and ballasts. They are back and looking great. Amazing the difference in brightness from stock, yet a perfect cutoff line and not a single person bright lights me.

Added some of those fancy led reverse lights in place of the stock bulbs. Substantially brighter but haven’t done a real world test yet.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
99% done. Just have to rerun my camera wiring and remove the wiring for the old accessory backup lights.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: Michael Yount

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
All in a days work... when you have all the right parts. Ha!
Just took me a few months. Can’t imagine what it takes to find 30yo mustang parts. Lol

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Ivygreen, one of our long term corral members is heavy into Porsche and the concours world has been harping on them for quite a while.

I mentioned I had refreshed my ballasts and ignitors on my retrofitted headlights in the truck.

Here’s the results. You can see the sharp cut off line and no light scatter. They are aimed such as to hit just below trunk line on most small cars while on low beams. A welcome addition for old eyes.

Automotive lighting Plant Lighting Tree Motor vehicle
Plant Automotive lighting Car Tree Asphalt
Plant Automotive lighting Lighting Mode of transport Car
Water Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Natural landscape
Automotive lighting Water Road surface Branch Asphalt
Automotive lighting Asphalt Road surface Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Plant Asphalt Road surface Natural landscape
Automotive lighting Plant Branch Road surface Natural landscape

Reactions: Werecow91

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Links to the lights Richard?
No links - custom built. They are oem housings, baked in an oven to soften the butyl and allow them to be opened up.

Then you buy parts and custom fit them inside the oem housings. Large projector lens, a shroud to make it look good, add in d3s style bulbs like a lot of oems use, a relay harness to operate them and there you go. The guy that made these made hundreds of sets for f150 owners but no longer does them now.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Here's the houseplan we are seriously considering. Quite the departure from the multiple angle and more push/pull the other design we were looking at had.

They call this a barndominium but it's really a traditional built home with a barndo look to it.

Nice, simple roofline, and hopefully fairly low maintenance. Would likely do brick but steel siding isn't out of the question.

I would have garage doors on each side so that we could drive completely through as needed. Room for four vehicles, two end to end on each lane. Even considered adding more length to the end and having enough room to back the camper in there. It's almost big enough to do so now.

Plan doesn't show a basement, but would be a walkout basement. Not sure where the stairs would go for that, perhaps in the area where the mechanical room is.

The wrap porch is a biggie. The main living area would face the lake with the garage facing the road. I could, conceivably, do away with an additional detached garage and simply extend this one. Then again, it's kind of nice to be away from the main house for beating and banging around on stuff, plus smells from paint, or grinding/drilling. Plus, if that is done at the main house, my wife will be wanting me to clean it all the time.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Should be relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of houses. It’s pretty much a perfect rectangle. Very little waste when the shape is consistent all around. Lot of roof pitch, though. But I like the big wrap porch as that will keep lower half of house clean.

Still looking at $150/175 per sf to build, most likely. And that doesn’t count busting rock out for the basement like I know they will have to do.

Talked to my first builder candidate, he’s 3-6 six months out and only builds one house at a time. I really like that idea of one at a time. I’ve known him since sixth grade and he’s a stand up guy. He’s also done some work on my MIL’s place and was very satisfied with that work.

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
Why basement?
There’s enough slope that the crawl space would be 5-6’ high on one end. May as well make a real basement out of it. I’ve always liked having a basement. It would be a walkout style but unfinished. Basically a multipurpose area. Would really like to have garage door access down there . That’s where mustang would go. Or perhaps mower or whatever.

36061 - 36080 of 36135 Posts