Ford Mustang Forums banner
36021 - 36040 of 36462 Posts

· Registered
14,537 Posts
I picked some up at lunch. The kind made for plastic, for whatever that's worth. Pics forthcoming! LOL

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Yet another plot twist. I may have found a donor for both chrome end pieces and the top step. 160 miles one way but will be very worth it. Guy is very particular about his truck and it looks like great shape. We shall see.

Meanwhile, jb weld pic incoming. :) Guitar accessory Hood Wood Bumper Gas

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Good news on both fronts. Why does he have spares?
He pulled the them off as an assembly with the step pad still on and left his receiver on truck. Then he put an aftermarket bumper on it.

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Do you know why?
Yes - he upgraded to off-road style bumpers front and rear. Plus rigid LEDs and such. I’d say $1500/bumper.

they weren’t spares, it’s his original assembly.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

· Registered
14,537 Posts
JB Weld joint looks good.
Literally the first time I’ve used it before, if you can believe that. They nailed it with viscosity. Liquid enough to move around easily and lightly flow out, but viscous enough to easily stick to vertical surfaces.

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Let’s just hope they are as good as the pics and video looked.

$130 for all three pieces.

65 for new receiver. 150 for the matching set of oem chrome ends with sensor holes. I’ll keep them as spare for my truck or my sons truck should the need arise. 130 for this assembly. $8 for the jbweld.

I could probably sell the sensor hole ends for $350 for the pair.

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Just checked the jbweld integrity. Holy crap that stuff is impressive. Very strong.

Prior to applying it, I grabbed the superglued pieces and lightly tested them. They were fairly solid except for two - they didn’t bond well.

So, I JB those two and did rest around base as well. Was going to put second coat around the pegs but I don’t see any reason to.

Count me as a satisfied customer.

· Registered
14,537 Posts
Successful mission to pick up the bumper. Just as advertised. Now to get it cleaned up and swap it onto my receiver assembly and then to get it all mounted back on the truck.

· Registered
37,991 Posts
I made a purchase for the Corolla today. I bought a pair of cams from the very earliest version of the DOHC engine.

As time marched through the 70's/80's, Toyota made the cams milder to help meet emissions targets. So the best cams were from the very earliest engines - 70-71. My head/cams were from the late 70's - they were a bit milder with duration in the 246-248 range and 9.7mm of lift. The head itself was the best head - to restore some power lost with milder cams they increased the port and valve size. So the best of both worlds is the early cams with the later head. The cams I'm getting will have 258 duration and 10.3mm lift.

I've developed a friendship with a young man in Quebec, CN who is building a TG (twincam) for his early Corolla. His engine had the early head/cams. However, he's building a really stout 8000-8500 rpm version. He found a pair of reground cams with 290-300 duration in Australia. He was excited, but couldn't really afford them ($200US). I offered to buy his stock cams for $200 -- he got what he wanted and I got what I wanted.

36021 - 36040 of 36462 Posts