Ford Mustang Forums banner
35761 - 35780 of 36109 Posts

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,670 Posts
Boom! Makes me remember all that fell over during the hurricane in Hampton. Also how thankful I was with each THUD that none had the crashing of 2x4s of my house breaking!

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Looking at that tree, it's pretty obvious it should have been brought down proactively long ago. But that would have been a $1000 plus to do, most likely. Appears to have had a lot of rot and not a lot of green on it.

·
Registered
37,857 Posts
We talked about that every time we walked by it in the neighborhood Richard. It had been heavily pruned and had been near death for a long, long time. I'd say it died of old age - while windy. I hope no one was hurt. I'll bet the homeowners are kicking themselves now. But it is amazing what some people will do to avoid 'cutting down a tree'. I know this -- if they don't get another tarp added that extends up over the ridge of the roof, they'll have problems with the next rain. Although - they likely already have had significant water damage during the storm.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
We talked about that every time we walked by it in the neighborhood Richard. It had been heavily pruned and had been near death for a long, long time. I'd say it died of old age - while windy. I hope no one was hurt. I'll bet the homeowners are kicking themselves now. But it is amazing what some people will do to avoid 'cutting down a tree'. I know this -- if they don't get another tarp added that extends up over the ridge of the roof, they'll have problems with the next rain. Although - they likely already have had significant water damage during the storm.
Roof was obviously aging out as well. Lets hope they have insurance. The days of total roof replacement are long gone, most will pro rate roof replacement after damage like that. Water and structural damage is another thing, though.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
That tree damage is a shame, but, they are fortunate that it wasn't still twice as tall, it would have crushed the house.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thank goodness no one is hurt.

My neighbors trees fall on my fence. This last time I fixed the fence and cut up the wood. Gave my neighbor the bill for fence materials and she freaked. Told me whoever I got to fix the fence, charged way too much and she wasn't going to pay it.

I get a veterans 10% discount on materials and didn't want money for my time. Thats how much 'they' charged.

She picks next time.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Thank goodness no one is hurt.

My neighbors trees fall on my fence. This last time I fixed the fence and cut up the wood. Gave my neighbor the bill for fence materials and she freaked. Told me whoever I got to fix the fence, charged way too much and she wasn't going to pay it.

I get a veterans 10% discount on materials and didn't want money for my time. Thats how much 'they' charged.

She picks next time.
FYI, as far as TN goes (and likely other states) you are responsible for what's on your side of the fence, and she's responsible for her side. Tree falling is considered an act of God. Even if their tree falls on your house, it's still on you. Of course, if said neighbor has been told of a dangerous tree and such I suppose a person could sue them or something like that.

With that being said, if you have limbs overhanging your property you are allowed to cut them so they don't fall on your property.

I imagine, though, that perhaps she might look a little closer at the treeline and be more proactive next time.

·
Banned
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
664 Posts
I've got 1 SCJ head coming in tomorrow to start work on. I've already got the valve springs to go with the cam I ordered (that's not shipped out yet) but at least I can start work on that head. As soon as I get it paid down a lil bit, I'll get the 2nd one ordered and get started on it.. This'll give me something to do during the winter at least...

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
And another camper hitch “tuneup” scheduled for this Friday. That makes five in the last couple of months. Doubt that volume will be sustained but some nice side gig money for the summer/fall.

Reactions: Goodson

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
LOL - tell me about it. My hours after work are severely limited as it is with hitch installs, window stickers and cleaning land. Other than that, I don't have a thing to do!:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Pics of that head please....I wanna fuel up my port-size-envy....
I don't have any nice 429/460 pics, but I have 4V Cleveland head pics. The intake ports are similar to big block ports. Ah, I can't find the old basic pictures. This is a stock 4V on the left, a filled one middle, and the small AFR Cleveland heads on the right.

Automotive tire Audio equipment Automotive engine gasket Gas Auto part

Here's a much better head picture, the prototype and never produced Arao Cleveland 32V heads, note the stock 4V port size and location.

Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Audio receiver Art Home accessories

·
Registered
37,857 Posts
That's eye candy Don!

I always got a kick out of these. In late 84 as an 85 model Toyota introduced the first "mainstream" 4 valve engine for the US. The 1600cc 4AGE - it came in the then-new MR2 and in the rwd Corolla GTS. About 115HP out of 96 cubes -- pretty decent output for the time. This engine replaced the 2-valve DOHC that I have in my car.

As usual, they kept the really good stuff for themselves. Mainly because EPA regs made it prohibitively expensive to certify more engines than you had to. As they developed the 4AGE line, the ultimate version was a 5-valve per cylinder version which was called the "black top" (because of the cam covers) for the Japanese market. Decent size intake port feeding those 3 intake valves. As you might imagine, Yamaha did most of the work on the cylinder head. And they had some 5valve motorcycle engines during that time.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive engine gasket

Automotive tire Rim Auto part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

35761 - 35780 of 36109 Posts