Ford Mustang Forums banner
35301 - 35320 of 35758 Posts

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Just had our "state of the company" meeting. First one since COVID. Company is performing well, up 10% in wine and 2% in spirits. What's holding us back? Supply chain. Getting the product to sell has been challenging this year, especially in spirits.

Company is running strong, we just added two new delivery trucks ($200,000) and adding some big ass fans to the warehouse picking area at a cost of $40,000.

So, long story short, looks like we all will stay gainfully employed. That's always good.

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
Speedo reads 60mph when I'm going 50. Not as far off as I thought it would be.

Trivia tidbit -- you cannot make this stuff up. I noted the odometer reading on the speedo that was already in the car a couple of weeks ago when I had the first successful (non-leaking) start of the twin cam. While the speedo was funky, the odometer kept racking up miles when I'd drive it. Wanted to know how many miles I'm putting on the new motor. The odometer read 36,584 miles.

About the time of that start up, the box arrived from Florida with the instrument cluster out of my old race car -- the one I did all these modifications to. Guess what the odometer reading on that unit was?

36,583 miles. Honest to God. How can that possibly happen?

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,588 Posts
I couldn’t wait for interior color mods. I took the dash pad out and painted /dyed it tonight. Reinstall in morning…. Just not sure if I’ll dye the vents or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
I had a similar issue on the Volvo. Brown factory interior. When I had the seats reupholstered I picked a nice black/brown street-rod tweed. So I found a 242 with black interior and picked up all the black bits I could to help tie the brown into the tweed upholstery.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,588 Posts
Reassembly underway, after consumption of morning coffee. So….. mixed color or should I paint all the way across thru pass slide vent section and driver section…..? Hmmm….

Attachments

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,588 Posts
There’s no good line to mask off if I was to do the side faux dash pads on the plastic dash. Sun is beaming in clearly. I think I’ll do center vents and see how I like that….. Oooh good the sides pop out a bit too.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,588 Posts
Well…. This is an improvement. I do have to fix a drip on center vents I see here. Also paint the latch on glove compartmeny which is faded.

Then I need to find black ac/heat label stickers if there are any. The white was to match old dash gauge but they don’t match the white Dakota Digital white and I think black here would be better.

My tape covers over white “open/closed” symbols on the vents got blown off by paint spray. So some hand applied white with small brush is in order later this weekend.

Fun upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
Coming along nicely! I have a thermometer just like that.

Had to head back home (Cars&Coffee) this AM when I heard an ominous rumble/rattle coming from the driver's side front wheel. Got to garage - 3 of 4 lug nuts loose. Hmmm.....rear all tight. Passenger side front making contact, but not torqued. I loosened the front wheels at the beginning of the engine swap back in March in the event I had to remove them. Didn't leave myself a note on the dash. Lesson learned. Retorqued -- all is well.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Sciatic nerve back in full effect. I’ll be grounded this weekend.

The timeline between occurances has doubled (around six months since last time) so I have to think my exercise program is helping somewhat.

I suspect back extensions on Thursday may have triggered it this time. Trying to build muscle in that area to help support better.

got the corner bedside dent pdr yesterday. Looks good as new. Soon as I’m back in action I’ll whip out the touchup paint and start building back up.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,588 Posts
Sorry to hear Richard. Nerve issues seriously suck. Have you considered acupuncture to compliment any chiropractic treatments? The two of those fixed my nerve issues in spine sending shooting pain down my arm years ago. Med doc wanted to put cadaver bone in my spine and I said no thanks I’ll look into other options. But that was my unique situation.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Hoping exercise will eventually make it a non issue. Specifically stretches and flexibility stuff. I haven’t been doing as much of my nightly exercises as i should have been and I suspect that has contributed to the issue as well.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe
35301 - 35320 of 35758 Posts