Ford Mustang Forums banner
35241 - 35260 of 35732 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I like that roof rack. I'm wondering if I might be better off to remove mine for my project truck, nobody seems to like them anymore and newer cars rarely have them now.

·
Registered
37,432 Posts
Mostly (and rarely I'd say) I see roof racks used for bicycles and kayaks. I suppose up in the mountains I'd see that more often. In all the decades I've owned vehicles with roof racks, I've actually used on ONE time. When we hauled our daughter from Houston to Atlanta freshman year to attend Emory University. 1989 Bronco II, 2.9L Cologne V6, 5 speed manual. Split rear seat - and daughter/wife rotated sitting in the "small" rear seat section. The rest of the inside was packed to the gills. And then I had two or three big suitcases with stuff covered with plastic and strapped to the roof rack. We got about 22 mpg going over; about 26 mpg coming back. Minus the weight and the aero penalty of the luggage. Can't believe I remember that. I loved that Bronco II. 140,000 trouble free miles over 4.5 years. Tore up the 7.5" rear end towing the race car at about 120,000 miles. Replaced the 3.73 gears with 4.10's. That thing would get 19-20 mpg towing 3500 lbs. of single axle trailer and race car/equipment.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
That is crazy good performance with 3.73 and 4.10s! Nice.

I can’t think of a time I’ve actually really used the roof rack honestly. Maybe one trip to Maine with a suitcase or such on top. But the sun sure bakes it as it’s usually outside. it needed a freshening up.

Window assembly went back in so much faster than it came out. Funny how that goes. This is the second time I’ve put on in that door now. First one died two weeks after we bought it in NC - last time I saw you Michael I believe Driving through town. 110k miles on OEM unit and 133k miles on this second one. Ill plan on another one down the road at 350k lol. Maybe sooner as they are likely getting made cheaper. Feels cheaper.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
Yeah I was driving down to some dealer on the coast and going thru Charlotte. It was a quick “hi” which you offered and I thought was awesome as I never thought of it At the time, thinking only of the vehicle purchase and towing my Avalon at the time home behind it.

·
Registered
37,432 Posts
The one I THINK I remember was that AFTER you had made the trip (to get the rear pop-out windows redone maybe?) I mentioned how close I was and that the next time we should connect. I think.....my CRS is strong now.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
Hhhhmmm….. have my Swiss cheese memory confused the two? Could BE!

I pulled the air bag lumbar out of the pass side SN95 seat yesterday and dropped off the SN95 seats to the dump. Now I have all the parts ready for Recaro adaption. I am just trying to find good videos on how to take the center back area out of the seats. I’ve found a few videos but not quite showing all that I need to see. Views from either too far away or glossed over entirely. I’ll get there…. Not like there’s a rush.

Allergies acting up big time last night and today. All this rain must be kicking pollens into gear. Chillin like a villain at home this morning.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
Better pic of roof rail painting. Also did a little steam cleaning of passenger Recaro as in the sun I found what appeared to be some sweat marks or water stains. No biggie, a little steam, simple green, light brushing and light vacuuming and now soaking in the sun to dry her out.

I saw a video suggesting a little steam could help rejuvenate the foam bolsters anyway….. My steam source was so-so for the application (a steam “mop”) but it’s what I have on hand. Maybe a little improvement from my garage storage this past month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,959 Posts
Hhhhmmm….. have my Swiss cheese memory confused the two? Could BE!

I pulled the air bag lumbar out of the pass side SN95 seat yesterday and dropped off the SN95 seats to the dump. Now I have all the parts ready for Recaro adaption. I am just trying to find good videos on how to take the center back area out of the seats. I’ve found a few videos but not quite showing all that I need to see. Views from either too far away or glossed over entirely. I’ll get there…. Not like there’s a rush.

Allergies acting up big time last night and today. All this rain must be kicking pollens into gear. Chillin like a villain at home this morning.
FYI an increase in rain is an increase in mold and decrease in pollen. Vice versa for a shortage of rain so you likely have mold issues for allergies.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
Both are in my list of allergens. It’s either that or a slight bug I am fighting. I used to feel I “knew” if it was allergies or a bug. The last 10yrs or so I’ve become unsure often.

·
Registered
37,432 Posts
Jean's mom's place is on lockdown with Omicron infections -- 11 seniors tested positive. We have special permission to go in for medical reasons. Really, really hard on her to not be able to leave that 600 sq ft studio apartment, and really tough on Jean to have to watch that happening with no better option.

And, after tons of fiddling - coming along nicely. And yes, I'm masking to paint that chrome surround black....
Speedometer Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,583 Posts
The gauge cluster is awesome. I can’t wait to see it installed. :cool: So sorry to hear about Jeans mom. That has got to be very tough. I hope she is able to keep herself away from infection there.

I look forward to those additional black accents too. Black dash pad by the vents may be first. I’ll also be looking for material to make my own door inserts above the armrests. I can’t see paying $50 each for those from LMR. I think adapting it to the ‘93 panels won’t be a problem.

·
Registered
13,959 Posts
Well, got a PO902 trouble code on my daughter's 2014 Focus. Yes, still have it. 50k miles on the last clutch. 95k on the car. The code reads as "clutch actuator circuit low". This can be caused by bad TCM and if so, should be covered under ford's extended warranty/customer satisfaction program after the DCT clutch fiasco on the Fiesta and Focus models. Have a call in with the local dealer to verify.

If not, the actuators aren't too expensive and are located on top of trans and fairly easy to get to and easy to replace, believe it or not. $75ish each. If the TCM (transmission control module) isn't covered, those run 350-400ish and have to be dealer programmed.

So, we shall see.

Yes, I know, should have sold the car a ways back. However, it just wasn't financially in the cards at the time. Also holding out with the hope that mom goes goes through with her plans to get a new car this year and buy her 2017 Escape with 30k miles on it and put my daughter in it. In theory, that could last her most of her college career.

Meanwhile, the airbag light has popped a time or two on our Hyundai, can't wait to see what that entails if it ends up staying on for any amount of time. General consensus is clock spring. Also an issue on fox body cars, too. My airbag light on the cobra has been flashing a while, it's the airbag brain and those are hard to come by.

There is something to be said for trading every time a warranty runs out. LOL

·
Registered
13,959 Posts
Richard I have an airbag brain on my shelf I am not using. It’s yours if u want it.
Don't tempt me! LOL

I'll double check the codes once I get it back together and running again and I might just take you up on that offer. If it involves me removing the center console, I might not, though. LOLOL

35241 - 35260 of 35732 Posts