Ford Mustang Forums banner
35221 - 35235 of 35235 Posts

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,414 Posts
I’d not heard they had such a car culture. Very cool. I’d had friends that went and the pics and descriptions were amazing indeed.

I am sure I mentioned it here but one thing that blew me away in Japan was that there was NO litter ANYWHERE I looked. It was perfectly taken care of and especially no cigarette butts in the street gutters. Agreed on welcome there also, they seemed accepting of our visit but no real warmth to it.

·
Registered
37,236 Posts
Chris -- ever heard of "McLaren"? Bruce McLaren was from NZ. Ever heard of Steve and Rhys Millen? (father/son - road racing, rally, hill climb, Pikes Peak) - from New Zealand.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,414 Posts
Stopped off at grocery store to pick up a few items this morn. $3/2L of liquid candy coke for family. Holy Crap my salary sure hasn’t gone up 3X since it was $0.99/2L.

Any idea when salaries readjusted to inflation when it occurred in the 70-80s? Or did it never ratio recurrent and we just adjusted to it?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Called and talked to the alt shop in knox (gabbeys) . He told me whole story that Maryville alternator didn’t. He said Powermaster had special windings and that’s how they got high amps out of those older cases. No one else did that. Said the guts are hard to get in high amp and I’d be better off getting new. Maryville alternator should have told me that. Instead he took a chance on some used parts and hoped it was enough. And it wasn’t because it was likely 90a internals. Anyone Need a nice chrome paperweight?

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Guess I’ll pull my ceramic coated pulley off. Of course, it prob won’t work on whatever I decide to go with.

Another paperweight! 🙃

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,414 Posts
What’s the diameter of your ceramic coated pulley? I have an overdrive one that’s about 2.0” and something a little bigger might not be bad now that I am running my ceramic coated stock crank pulley.

I started using this alt pulley when I was running an under drive (ceramic) pulley.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
I like New Zealand from what I have read or heard about it. I think that's where the awesome boat racing is from, where they have a small course that looks like a maze on paper, covering a large "field." They run really small boats that have huge power and could go 100mph+, but they just blast from one tight corner ti the next.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Got the acrylic in to cover the gauge. The other side is drying. View attachment 1089333
I like New Zealand from what I have read or heard about it. I think that's where the awesome boat racing is from, where they have a small course that looks like a maze on paper, covering a large "field." They run really small boats that have huge power and could go 100mph+, but they just blast from one tight corner ti the next.

Well done Michael, that was the only thing I could envision when you asked about ideas, cut out those two missing gauges and place them to the sides of the two large ones, if there was space. I could see the cluster cover was textured, so altering it would be tricky. I'm glad you had space behind there to fit those.

35221 - 35235 of 35235 Posts