Ford Mustang Forums banner
35121 - 35140 of 35778 Posts

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
Yes, super handy for small reservoirs like that.I've used it three times. In ten years. LOL

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,591 Posts
I try to suck out my fluid in my Jeep a couple times a year. It’s a hydraulically run radiator fan run “free” off power steering pump. Notorious for failure if not kept clean. So far so good on mine but they are RARE and pricey to replace.

·
Registered
37,451 Posts
Let's see -- noted that my new from Australia ignition wires have a small problem with the coil wire. The boot on the coil end should be bigger than the boot on the distributor end -- because the coil 'nub' is bigger than the distributor nub. However, the new coil wire had a distributor-size boot on both ends. So, over the course of 5 minutes or so, after I forced the too-small boot over the coil nub -- it would slowly squeeze itself back up and off automatically disconnecting the coil. So, I removed the larger/proper coil-end boot from the old engine wires and used it to replace the coil-end boot on the new ignition wires. Problem solved.

That looks like the only issue. I cleaned it up this morning -- inside/out after just sitting for several months even in the garage, it was a bit dusty/grungy. Planning on maiden voyage to Cars&Coffee tomorrow morning. I'll report back!

Nice work (farmer) Richard! I buy the cheap plastic turkey basters at the dollar (now buck and a quarter) store. Just dispose of them after a use or 3.

My old teammates from the gas company came and replaced our 23 year old water heater this morning. Uneventful.

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
23 years? Nice. Mine is from March of 1998. Never even put an element it it (electric). I figure it's due any day but still hanging in there.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
My gas water heater is still working well since I installed it in late 1998, before I moved into my house. Uneventful is a wonderful word.

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
8-10 years is about average. Well or city water? Any water treatment at the house?
City. No water treatment. I have the temp set fairly low. Low enough that it won’t burn you but is uncomfortable. That’s the only reason I can think that it’s lasted this long.
My uncle, about 30 miles away, has one from 1987. Bachelor so not a lot of usage there.

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
37,451 Posts
Cars&Coffee - 30 mile round trip. Dry as a bone. Performed flawlessly. And NOTICEABLY more torque/power with a slightly more aggressive "bark" from the exhaust. At bigger throttle openings/more rpm, it's just too loud. Gonna have to do something about that....

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
All kinds of awesome right there.

In other news, saved myself $150 today? How? Easy - battery went down on my son’s truck and he bought the new one. :cool:

·
Registered
37,451 Posts
"....my son's truck...." --- key in the phrase there is the POSSESSIVE form ---

Edit -- I talk a good game. Fact is, when my daughter comes to visit, if her car needs something, I just jump in and do it. And what's really cool is that for the last 6-8 years, she always helps with the work.

·
Registered
13,973 Posts
Yeah, I’ll continue helping at times I’m sure. But the high dollar stuff is on him since he’s a member of the “now has a job” club lol.

·
Registered
37,451 Posts
Can't remember (well, much of anything) if I mentioned it - but a couple of months ago through a chance posting in the vintage Toyota facebook group I found my old Corolla race car. Was able, as a result, to pretty much recreate its history of owners from when I sold it in '97 until the present. With a 10 year mystery (1998-2008) - although I know it was in the Mesquite, TX area during that time.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

The most recent owner (who just sold it) modified it to run in either B Sedan or H Production in SCCA. Consequently, with the installation of a proper, fully welded/triangulated roll cage, the factory dashboard went away. But he kept the instrument cluster. A few days ago, my old instrument cluster showed up in the mail. A great sentimental connection to my old car. And it has a working speedometer -- the one in the current car isn't working right. This will allow me to figure out how things work without taking the one in the car out. I want to move my tach from the steering column into the binnacle that houses the temp/fuel gauges. So I can easily experiment with that now that I have an extra.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Gauge

BTW - when I found it, it was for sale. Just don't have the bandwidth or room to deal with it right now. May regret not having bought it back and just put it in storage until I can deal with it.....but, I know who has it. A fellow in Georgia.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,591 Posts
Taking out the power lumbar air pressure system from drivers seat in this ‘94 frame. I’ll remove the pass side system when I do the other Recaro seat and I plan to install power lumbar in Recaros….. upgrades?

Attachments

35121 - 35140 of 35778 Posts