Ford Mustang Forums banner
34721 - 34740 of 36109 Posts

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Battery replaced on truck last night. You know, it's a bit challenging getting a 60# battery up chest high without hitting anything important. Especially going back in.

Aaaaaand, the CEL lit up for all my efforts. I'll let it go through a few cycles and see if it clears.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Feel ok. Legs to get it waist high, but after that its all shoulders. Overhand hold on the battery strap and then pull straight up and lift over. At same time trying to shift the battery cables out of the way since the cable is a bit too short to easily stay bent out of the way.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
It goes over 10ft deep about 20 feet out. I can’t say the depth off our property exactly but believe I’ve heard numbers of 40 in places. Great for skiing and many fish here as well. It’s got a small dam and they let the water down 10 feet it so in winter so The ice doesn’t damage docks.
That's very nice. I remember living on the lake in Winter one year in 1975/76, the ice grew up the banks quite a bit. The banks along most properties were higher than the water by 6-10 feet, with cut dock access etc. They brought up docks during Winter, and went ice fishing a lot. That was fun, cold, but nothing when you have the right snow suit and fishing house etc. Just drag it out there with the snowmobile, and sit in there fishing for a few hours.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,670 Posts
My grandfather bought half the lake in 1940s and sawed the pine trees for lumber and cut the ice in winter both to Boston.

Then he built this quaint warm weather/ hunting cabin.

Now we have it in an LLC and VRBO as My Maine Retreat.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Enjoy it up there as much as you can. The weather is different than down south much of the year, it makes some activities better or worse at different times, and certain things are popular in the North that aren't way down here, etc.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
My grandfather bought half the lake in 1940s and sawed the pine trees for lumber and cut the ice in winter both to Boston.

Then he built this quaint warm weather/ hunting cabin.

Now we have it in an LLC and VRBO as My Maine Retreat.
Very cool! My wife has mentioned wanting to vacay up that direction some time, might just have to consider that. How many miles drive is it again?

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,670 Posts
Not sure from your place. Addy is 370 Whitehouse Road West Newfield ME

BushHogging the hill… it’s only a 45deg slope So it’s fine With one powered wheel.

LOL. We have great privacy on this side LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Hey, you have a road named after your family too! Mine is White Lane.

16 hr 38 min (1,068 miles)

Whew, that's a lot of driving. And toll roads too. I'm sure there are alternate routes to avoid tolls though. Gotta love the powered brush trimmers. The one I use doesn't have the big thin wheels like that one, it has the shorter but fatter four wheeler style tires with huge knobs on them.

Its like this one, but older. It's considered a brush cutter. Both wheels are powered, and you can actually lock the differential.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Mower

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,670 Posts
Yeah road was named after my gramps who cut it and pulled stumps with his Model T. I am named after him.

I never knew him he died when my dad was a senior in high school. But I have his name and the best spot on the lake!

White Lane, cool. What’s that named after you or someone in your family? What’s the story?

·
Registered
37,857 Posts

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
That's cool, old roads had more character in their names way back then. Sevierville had tons of those too, one of my fav's is "Furniture Your Way" in 37862, it's about 200 yards long with just one home back in the 90's. Yes they made furniture back then.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
Yeah road was named after my gramps who cut it and pulled stumps with his Model T. I am named after him.

I never knew him he died when my dad was a senior in high school. But I have his name and the best spot on the lake!

White Lane, cool. What’s that named after you or someone in your family? What’s the story?
Named after my grandparents. At the time of the road's naming, out of the six families on the road, three of them were my grandparents, my aunt and uncle and his family, and my uncle. Oh, and also my first cousin so I guess four residences. Also owned the bulk of the land on one side of the road.

Currently, I have an Aunt and Uncle (siblings) living there, and my late uncle's wife still lives in their home. Grandparents have been gone since 05, their home sits empty. Two first cousins live on the back 40 acres on the lake, and eventually we will be there as well. Aunts and uncles are are in their 70's and 80's. Cousins are 60 and one year younger than me. Out of the 14 lots that were distributed between the 7 siblings in my dads family, only one has been sold. It was the least desirable lot by far and not a lake lot. First cousins and uncles own the rest of the lots around me, all out of 38 acres, give or take.

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Excellent, that's a safe neighborhood.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
"Excellent, that's a safe neighborhood."

Except for that one weird uncle that most families have. I think in our family, it's me.
If you don’t have a weird family member, better look in the mirror.

Prayer request for my wife’s family. Her 98yo grandmother is in her final few days.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,670 Posts
34721 - 34740 of 36109 Posts