Ford Mustang Forums banner
34361 - 34380 of 34751 Posts

·
Registered
37,075 Posts
All my buddy’s unavailable - may have to resort to asking my bride to assist. Can pull it alone - but someone has perform header management going back in.

·
Registered
37,075 Posts
IIRC - the first car we bought that came with synthetic in the crankcase when new was Jean's '94 E36 BMW. There was a lawsuit -- they assumed use of synthetic for the car's oil change minder algorithm. Was not uncommon for it to get out to 10k-12k miles before recommending a change. I was changing at 7500, with a first change at 1000. Some folks put regular dino oil in and still waited for the change oil light. That caused some problems.

Pretty sure every new car we've had since then came with synthetic in the crankcase and longer change interval recommendations. Of course, the materials, machining and assembly are designed with that in mind. I'd let Jasper be your guide, although you certainly wouldn't hurt anything by using a good break-in dino oil and then switching over. Just suggesting that it may not be necessary.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
You know, if you'd move back to Knoxville then you'd have access to more car buddies. :)

I'd go by what Jasper says. I'm going to bet they don't have anything in particular other than fill with the correct weight and grade oil and run it.

Are there any cars left that run regular Dino oil? Most spec 5w20 at a minimum, which is a synthetic blend. Of course, I've not bought a new one in ten years, so what do I know?

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,219 Posts
A new home for Recaro’s! Thanks to my HERO Bob Goodson!! Woop Woop!

Attachments

·
Registered
37,075 Posts
And, actually, Jean has been making noise about Knoxville again. If either one if us outlives her mom. The oldest person on the planet recently passed - 119 year old Japanese lady.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,219 Posts
We will morn your loss but rejoice if you moved back. Your know….. Greeneville is sorta kinda almost midway between and it’s an up and coming Community.….. juz sayin’…..

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
Oh no, you have to find your own Michael in your own area, Chris. Micheal is a Knox guy. Or even a Monroe County guy. Don't you want to live out in the country somewhere? 🙃

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,219 Posts
“Find my our own Michael” ….. as THAT was such a thing! The molds for both he and Bob were lost long ago ….. How did we’ve so fortunate to know both of them? :p

• Haha

·
Registered
37,075 Posts
If only me and Bob's wives knew all this about us.....

I could make Greenville or Sweetwater or Athens work, but Jean has to have more "city" -- at our age, she's really picky about having access to medical care that suits her. Although as we're closing in on 70, neither of us on any medication.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
I could compromise perhaps. But I think the both of them may be thinking bout “Mountain Views” with their breakfast/ coffee?…. :unsure:
We have Mountain views in Monroe County.

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
If only me and Bob's wives knew all this about us.....

I could make Greenville or Sweetwater or Athens work, but Jean has to have more "city" -- at our age, she's really picky about having access to medical care that suits her. Although as we're closing in on 70, neither of us on any medication.
Might consider looking in the Lenoir City area. 15 minutes from West Knoxville and most major hospitals. Yet not quite so "urban" as Knox living is. And more importantly, only thirty minutes from me. :LOL: Much nicer as far as land taxes and such that Knoxville city is.

I've never really cared for Athens too much, always felt it was a "snooty" town, whatever that's worth. Especially in the city limits. Point of reference, I worked there for four years.

·
Registered
37,075 Posts
Andy Fletcher (60) from Depeche Mode and Alan White (72) of Yes both died today, along with actor Ray Liotta (67). Gonna be a lot more of that. Feeling my years....

·
Registered
13,712 Posts
Yeah I saw that. One of the biggest curses of living older, imo, is watching people/loved ones you know/grew up with/celebrities getting older and passing on. It’s tough to watch and is the root of “mid life crisis” imo.

34361 - 34380 of 34751 Posts