Ford Mustang Forums banner
34321 - 34340 of 35212 Posts

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Did you see the Mecum auction today, three Ford GT's sold, a 2006, 2019, and a 2020. I forgot what the 06 went for, $600k almost, the other two sold for the same $1.1 million. They also had three 2003 Cobra's, one of each color, and they were in the $50k to $60k range, all had low to moderate mileage.
A teal modified 93 cobra with 110,000 miles went for 41,000.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Is that what it went for? I was skimming the last hour before I went to bed, and stopped at the few interesting cars. There was a 2019 Wrangler Unlimited that sold for over $140k, it was highly modified with suspension and interior stuff, plus a hemi and supercharger. I liked it a lot for the features and for the builder, but I wouldn't have done that to sell it. I think there are a lot of rich people who just build random things they dream up, and then sell them off. That's okay I guess, I just wish I could push them onto one of my projects and wait to buy it, so I could drive it all the time.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
I said 41, I think it was 45 actually.
Sometimes the egos rule on auctions. My neighbors boss dropped close to 100k on a jeep gladiator build. Plus a brand new gladiator coat. Craziness.

·
Registered
37,229 Posts
The closer I get to my expiration date, the more likely I am to drop a few bucks on something I desire regardless of the sensibility factor. I can see how it happens.

JBWeld’d some fiberglass screen into the hole opening and then filled the screen with UltraBlack. Bolted on/torqued starter. Good to go. Looking for a hole in the weather to move the cars around and drop her back in.
Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,400 Posts
I thought I knew everything that would be covered by Evan here but I was wrong! None of these points were anything I knew. Richard, I assume you knew all of most of these?

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Yes, I knew almost all. I knew the snake emblems were unique to the 93's, but didn't know the scales were different. Forgot about the firewall vacuum tree being unique.

I've known Mark Wilson for years (via the internet). He is likely the most knowledgeable 93 Cobra guy in the country. He worked for the marketing arm of Ford/svt during the forming and first few years of svt. He has a 93R that he has raced for years and a regular 93 with super low miles.

He has TONS of memorabilia from back in the day that he's been unboxingand posting on the 93 Cobra groups. Lots of insider type stuff such as unique parts lists, preproduction memos, etc etc.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,400 Posts
Awesome. It was very clear in the video he was EXTREMELY knowledgable on the Cobra. What a joy it would have been to work there on that project in that time.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,400 Posts
Two battery system up and running now. I drop from 100% to 88% overnight when running the one fridge freezer only on the two in parallel. But we’ve been running fridge and clothes washer full time on the system for a solid week now.

I may have more battery power here than I need (depends upon total cloudy days of course) but I may pull one battery off and make a new separate system to run the downstairs deep freezer. I have an unused 310w panel, extra solar cables on reserve. All I need is another inverter and another charge controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Cool! I'd see how it does this week, since it is forecasted rain pretty much all week lol. You may be glad for the extra capacity.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,400 Posts
It was mostly cloudy one day this weekend (Sat ??) and i took a quick double video of what the four panels were doing. I don’t think I can post videos here but I can send to you if interested. I think… my phone is acting a bit squirrelly And an upgrade to a newer SE iPhone should be arriving here at work tomorrow to help address things.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Yes, the vacuum tree was from a 4cyl. You should watch the video, Mark Wilson basically goes through most of the unique parts on the 93 Cobra.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,400 Posts
I never cared for the look of that Capri platform. And I find the 86 interior SO dated. is it horrible that I think it’s UGLY?

34321 - 34340 of 35212 Posts