Ford Mustang Forums banner
34301 - 34320 of 34746 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Yeah, I forgot the details of that which you posted before. It sounded like a great combination, the extra 20CI, and the OHC's made it much stronger at high rpm.

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Pretty well hidden from sight, it seems.

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Now's your chance to apply that gold foil to the entire block so it will match. Red and gold looks great together.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I'd like headers that color, what is that film rated for?

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
That’s high temp adhesive backed foil tdesigned to reflect radiant heat from the headers. I cooked starters on these engines before. Between the reflective barrier on the starter and the ceramic coating on the header (lowers external temps by 30% or so) I hope to avoid a starter BBQ. It can’t be put on the header.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I was kidding for sure. That film is good for surviving the high temps a short distance away, but not while touching headers I'm sure. I was imagining an engine that's glossy on some surfaces, with contrasting colors; that reminds me of old chromed engine bays. ;)

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
Yeah, I'm an idiot. The color isn't my fav, but it works well to reduce radiant heat. And it's mostly hidden behind the header. One tube sits about 1/8" away from the starter motor; another about that far away from the steering box.

In the process of making a reinforcing piece for that ear, and trying to figure out how to close off the holes from the outside. You can't see them because of the starter itself, but I'd like to reduce the chance of a foreign substance from getting into the 'house of clutch'.

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Oh, so that isn't just a hollow ear but open to interior of bell housing?

Get some fine mesh metal screen, epoxy in place and let dry. Then use the screen as a backer for more epoxy. Sand to taste.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Make it a five minute job, use Ultra Black RTV and some small metal piece sized to fit closely. RTV those in place, they will stay in place fine, unless something hits it hard.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Make it a five minute job, use Ultra Black RTV and some small metal piece sized to fit closely. RTV those in place, they will stay in place fine, unless something hits it hard.
Do you even know him? This won't be a five minute job. LOLOL

*I started to suggest similar

·
Registered
37,073 Posts
I was just gonna use plumbers putty…I thought of screen/JB Weld, but want something with “give” as the starter’s likely to touch somewhere. I have at least a piece of paper clearance everywhere.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
That's why I love Ultra Black, or Ultra Copper if it's near the exhaust. Those can handle tons of heat, and they stay flexible after years, while still holding strong.

·
Registered
13,708 Posts
Spent the better part of the day today detailing the truck. Been 7-8 years since it was waxed. It’s a garage Queen, 5k miles a year give or take. So, it wa definitely ready. This was all by hand, around 6-7 hours worth.

Started with a full clay bar treatment, including the roof. The roof had never been touched other that washing. No wax or anything. I even did the hood twice with the clay bar. Clay bar not only removes contaminants, but it also is a nice polishing step.

Then, sealed it all in with mcguires cleaner/wax. It has a very mild polish to help take out any minor blems that the clay bar missed.

Then, top coated with Collinite. It’s a topcoat only, no polish or anything. The amount of solids, plus the depth and enrichment it provides is pretty amazing.

I think the pics speak for themselves. The color is candy red metallic, 2011 f150 with 72,xxx miles on it. The last pic was after sun had set. The color goes darker when it doesn’t have direct light on it, much like teal.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Grille Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design
Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille Vehicle
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car
Cloud Sky Pink Red Horizon

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Excellent, that's one of my favorite reds of the late model cars. I love red, there's a candy concentrate I bought to alter two of mine with repainting. It's called Blood Red, so another dark red similar to that and my Toreador Red Mercury.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Did you see the Mecum auction today, three Ford GT's sold, a 2006, 2019, and a 2020. I forgot what the 06 went for, $600k almost, the other two sold for the same $1.1 million. They also had three 2003 Cobra's, one of each color, and they were in the $50k to $60k range, all had low to moderate mileage.

34301 - 34320 of 34746 Posts