Ford Mustang Forums banner
34181 - 34200 of 34785 Posts

·
Registered
37,089 Posts
One of my best friends bought a new 82 Supra in the sport model, 5 spd manual. They were brand new and one of the first from an OEM with big fender flares and aggressive wheels/tires. We were both fresh out of engineering school and met as we started new jobs with the same company.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
That was a fun and lighter car than the next generation, which felt bigger and smoother(less drama from a stop).

·
Registered
37,089 Posts
Here’s the box Chris. Pick which 6 circuits you wanna power. They get wired through this bix to the main panel. If you wanna be on solar/battery realtime on any of those, just flip to “GEN”. Flip it back to “Line” and it goes back on utility power.
Office equipment Gas Office supplies Machine Multimedia
Electricity Gas Electrical wiring Machine Wire

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Throwing this out there for anyone who comes upon a "Passlock" no start problem.

2005 Colorado
My key wore out, Hammer + screwdriver = got it home
Replaced key lock and switch.
Experienced a flashing passlock icon, crank no start.
Had to reprogram the new key switch via BCM. No chip key, no remote start.
1st step: Turn key to start truck, won't start, leave key in ON position roughly 10min until passlock flashes off. Turn key OFF now for 10 seconds. Quickly 2nd step: Turn key to START, no start, leave key again in RUN for the 10 min, turn off for 10 seconds. 3rd step: Same as first two, after the 10 seconds off, try to start.

All three steps are the same regardless of what the passlock icon does after the first time. Its a PITA and took me several 3 steps. Some trucks start after the first, I don't have that luck.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,233 Posts
Here’s the box Chris. Pick which 6 circuits you wanna power. They get wired through this bix to the main panel. If you wanna be on solar/battery realtime on any of those, just flip to “GEN”. Flip it back to “Line” and it goes back on utility power.
View attachment 1085630 View attachment 1085631
Nice. I like how it’s one or the other. I have the main breaker I can throw on my box to take the house off the grid completely of course. As long as I throw that, then turn off all my breakers, then turn on only the ones in the house that I want to send power then I am good in a grid down situation.

But if I don’t remember then yes I send power into the grid hurting linemen BAD.

I may upgrade to one of those also. Thanks Michael.

·
Registered
37,089 Posts
Yup -- actually, if you read the code/utility tariff in your area, it's likely a big no-no to wire up anything in a way that would allow back feeding the utility. With this box, it cannot be done. The circuits you ID can be fed by one or the other -- but never can the "Gen" output get to the "Line". Plus, when power goes out, I plug generator in, flip the 6 circuits. I now have gen power on my 6 circuits. And I don't even have to be home when the power comes back on. It automatically powers up everything else, and when I return, I simply flip those six switches back to "line" - and then turn gen off. Elegantly simple. I'd have an electrician wire it up.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Yup -- actually, if you read the code/utility tariff in your area, it's likely a big no-no to wire up anything in a way that would allow back feeding the utility. With this box, it cannot be done. The circuits you ID can be fed by one or the other -- but never can the "Gen" output get to the "Line". Plus, when power goes out, I plug generator in, flip the 6 circuits. I now have gen power on my 6 circuits. And I don't even have to be home when the power comes back on. It automatically powers up everything else, and when I return, I simply flip those six switches back to "line" - and then turn gen off. Elegantly simple. I'd have an electrician wire it up.
Beat me to it. If you backfeed the utility system and get caught, BIG TROUBLE. Fines at the least, criminal warrants at the worst. Also a huge danger to utility workers. Do as above and have a system that allows one or the other.

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Attended graduation for our son yesterday. He and his roommate/fellow ME graduate recreated a pic from their freshman year. Mine is the little feller on the right.
Joint Shorts Shoulder Muscle Leg
Smile Shorts Shelf Standing Retail

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Looks awesome sitting in there!

Reactions: Michael Yount
34181 - 34200 of 34785 Posts