Ford Mustang Forums banner
34161 - 34180 of 35738 Posts

·
Registered
13,960 Posts
Yep - the undercarriage pics are amazing. Pretty sure it's had a fogging with wd40 or similar on undercarriage and under the hood. Nice way to inhibit rust and helps it look even more spiffy. When you look at the chassis closeups it shows pretty easily. Also on certain underwood components.

I wouldn't kick it out of the garage, though.

I've done probably a dozen window stickers for the seller. Lower mileage fox bodies are his thing.

·
Registered
37,435 Posts
My question has to do with the rubber/plastic bits that age out regardless of mileage and all the systems that had fluid in them. If I wanted to do anything other than trailer it to shows, I'd rather find one that has 5k miles on it and has been maintained with regular fluid changes, than one with 5 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,960 Posts
Regarding the Pacer, you and Christopher Brous (IVYGREEN here on the corral) would get along well. He wants to do the same things lol.

That car will never do anything but be trailered. Valid points on wearables and such. My car is a much better candidate for doing things other than trailering since it has 47,000 miles and change.

·
Registered
37,435 Posts
I like the first year front end better -- funny to say I think the later grill is ugly when the whole car is fugly.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
My 24v battery arrives today. Can’t wait to hook it up and verify the system works. Till I have it hooked up I am dead in the water.

If I make a more permanent mounting system for the panels I might run my clothes washer off it full time.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
I like the first year front end better -- funny to say I think the later grill is ugly when the whole car is fugly.

But I hated that body style when it came out. But they made it look decent with a lowering and some new wheels and rubber etc.

·
Registered
13,960 Posts
I guess Chris, in a pinch, if you needed to you could wire two 12V car batteries in series and, voila, you'd have your 24V "emergency" battery if something happens to the stand alone unit.
And get twice the amp hours of a single 12v in the same size.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
Thanks of course good point. Big Battery arrived today. I hope to start some tests this weekend. After installing new headlights on ‘02 Lexus ES300. Pics on that Sat.

For now, here’s El Biggo:

Attachments

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
About 43lbs would be my guess. Pretty easy to move around. Half what you’d expect Thereabouts.

Ill likely the testing that wall outlet to see what’s on that circuit. I may throw that breaker OFF and back feed that circuit from solar. I Think my washer is on it but I won’t know till this weekend.

·
Registered
37,435 Posts
They make some pretty cool circuit boxes that allow you, with the flip of a switch, to move 6, 8, 10 circuits off your main circuit board, over to breakers on the new box that are fed power from another non-utility source. So when the power goes out, you simply flip the switch, and whichever breakers/circuits you've picked are now being sourced from your alternative power source. You can't "back feed" the utility supply. When utility power returns, you simply flip the switch back and then turn off your gen, disconnect your panels, etc. I have a set up like that for my generator.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
No of course. If I backed the whole house I’d throw the main breaker. I’ve done that and backfed my whole house with my 10kw generator that I wheel out When neighborhood looses power.

What I am considering is disconnecting that one breaker from the main panel. Remove it completely from the house power. Then I can feed it solely from Solar in the garage.

I think that makes sense but…. I didn’t stay in a holiday inn express last night so I may be missing something.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
Once I verify my system “works” I will go pick up three more 7’ panels to bump up the volume. I can only run a total of 4 of these 310W panels at 24v with my MPPT but id have that spare OR I can wire that into my small 12v collection system that currently only has a 100w small panel.

It’s getting to be a fun little project As long as I don’t burn the house down.

·
Registered
37,435 Posts
.....and one helluva stout fork lift engine as well.

Chris - understand you need to sort the system. Once done, I was referring to a safe/quick way to switch circuits back and forth between back up power and utility power. Of course, if you want to take advantage of the panels to reduce your utility use on an ongoing basis - that's a different animal.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
6,584 Posts
Aah 10-4 Michael. Looks like the sun won’t accommodate my Saturday test run. I’ll get Things completely hooked up and programmed though. That is once I install new headlight assemblies on kids ES300.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
A coworker just picked this up from a customer. $1800! View attachment 1085610
That reminds me of the 1985 Supra, the short loved body style. They changed it mid year 1986, I was looking for the seats from that 87-90 generation, back when the mileage wasn't bad.

34161 - 34180 of 35738 Posts