Ford Mustang Forums banner
32801 - 32820 of 32930 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Truth in advertising. And let’s not even talk about winter operation and the bigger/heavier/more powerful cars that most everyone produces. Electric Cars Not As Eco As Policymakers Claim, Says Executive Who Developed Nissan LEAF
EXCELLENT article. I keep telling people precisely whats in that article. We aren't changing anything with EV's. Just passing the emissions to another source.

This says it all...

'Consumers “equate an electric vehicle with a zero-emissions vehicle, but they must look beyond the tailpipe and dig deeper into the production of EVs and their batteries,” he told the audience of automotive and micromobility executives.'

·
Registered
36,475 Posts
Electric vehicles are a POLITICAL solution - not a market or environmental solution. Absent massive financial subsidies for 10 years (more) Tesla wouldn’t even exist. It’s not a stretch to say that we, the taxpayers, have funneled a quarter trillion dollars into Elon Musk’s net worth. You may as well buy one - you’ve already paid for part of it…

·
Registered
36,475 Posts
2021 Bronco First Edition just sold at Mecum in Vegas -- no reserve -- $85k. 2.7L twin turbo v6

Original owner of a 65 Stand vert - 260, 3 speed manual sold no reserve. Appeared in great shape - probably restored/refurbished. MSRP close to $3000.00 Inflation averages about 3.8% annually since then. That would put it at about $26k today. Sold for $38k. That's a return of 4.5%. Not bad all things considered.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Cut 13 more trees today. One on the saw and three picking up and stacking. I’m about shot. Lol

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
36,475 Posts
I'm with you Richard -- 15 containers (40-50 gallons each) of leaves blown/raked/picked up. Ran out of the paper bags now required by city of Charlotte. Have one small pile left - picked up 20 more bags at Home Depot this evening.

Turns out the 2nd quarter of 2021 was Tesla's first profit from building/selling cars. Prior to that their profitable quarters had been because of selling energy credits to other companies. That is -- the revenue gained by selling credits was greater than the profit they recorded up until this past spring. Only took them 11 years.

·
Super Moderator
11,182 Posts
The thing that you guys are missing is that Tesla is charging top dollar for their cars, the consumers are paying it, loving their cars, and a Tesla 3 Performance will beat a GT-350 in the quarter.
If you guys haven't tried an electric car yet, do so, they are way better than gas.
I've got my eye on the F-150 lightning.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
The thing that you guys are missing is that Tesla is charging top dollar for their cars, the consumers are paying it, loving their cars, and a Tesla 3 Performance will beat a GT-350 in the quarter.
If you guys haven't tried an electric car yet, do so, they are way better than gas.
I’ve actually driven a Mach E. They are indeed pretty powerful and pretty neat. Would never work as a family car though. 300ish mile range in summer. Good and well for local driving. Not so much for a vacation.

as far as towing a camper, they’d need to double the range. And parking with a camper to charge? You’d have to unhook.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Performance is stunning. No combustion engine will compete with an electric motor. But, our discussion revolves around it being environmentally friendly, which it is not, and net-zero carbon emissions, which it is not. EV's are definitely a political solution which has been pushed down and the facts twisted to give this false reality that people are doing good for the environment. The end user using the car gets a warm and fuzzy because they are no longer emitting carbon emissions when they drive. However, when they charge they are because the electric company is likely burning coal or some other fossil fuel to provide power. There's only so much Hydro to go around. Heck, East TN is littered with man made lakes and hydro power and it doesn't supply all the power for this area which is not thickly populated like some other areas of the country and there are SEVERAL coal power plants in this area. Also, the carbon needed to build EV's power source is high... Simply put, the carbon math doesn't add up when you add all of what it takes from raw materials to the completed product and its useable life cycle. That's not net-zero carbon.

·
Registered
36,475 Posts
P63 - we’re not missing anything. We look at the same facts you do. We simply reach a different conclusion. I’ve driven - absolutely no soul. It’s basically a smart phone on wheels. Knock yourself out though. I couldn’t bring myself to hand over money voluntarily for a product that exists because the government has picked it as “winner” to the detriment of companies that had to compete their way to success. Having said that, if the government’s gonna make sure they succeed, I’ll invest in the stock.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
No progress pics (forgot to take) but around 30 trees down this weekend. Ranging in size from 4-8”. Making more progress.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Mostly mountain pine, some cedar, Bradford pear/locust cross, one misshapen cherry. The line was good and straight just too small to do anything with other than use for firewood.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
There’s a video somewhere of a wood burning stove in passenger seat for heat. Somewhere in Europe. Smoke stack out the top and all. Lol

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
That is very cool.

Checked into hiring an architect for our future home. Uh, yeah, that's not going to happen. I'm sure a bit of price shopping would get it down, but not enough. 13k starting package price with 2-3 months work on their part. Sheesh. They had packages up to 25k including materials list, quotes to three different vendors, site visits during the build and such.

We will just keep pounding the home plan sites till we find "ours". Cost for those plans is 1000-2000 with ability to make changes for not a lot more. Most have set prices for changes such as "adding a garage", etc, for couple hundred a pop.

Our current house, we just found a plan in a builder's book we liked (late 1997, not a lot of home building sites out there), and our builder said "I can do that without buying the plans". Of course, it was a pretty simple plan.

New one isn't necessarily going to be a complicated plan, but has enough areas that I'd prefer to have the full plans. Those plans also provide plumbing and electrical diagrams, which would have been nice when doing our house. A few switches and receptacles in our current house could have been thought out better for sure.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Very very nice.

32801 - 32820 of 32930 Posts