Ford Mustang Forums banner
32401 - 32420 of 32492 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I never woke up, I eat normal watermelons with seeds. I had a cousin that ate the seeds and all, in 1977 when we visited them in Ohio. I don't want those mutated watermelons please, give me the old school regular melons.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
I am still working on those pronouns…. But I need to make better progress there.

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
“We” are still working on those pronouns…

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
We don’t need no stinkeen’ pronouns.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
LOL - I didn’t even know SCCA had a historic/vintage category…
They do from what I gather. The two that I'm most aware of are SVRA and HSR. HSR accepts replicas. I don't believe the other two do at all.

Shawn, If I do land a 70 Chevelle, it will most definitely get some of the DSE parts. I visited their shop and it was really impressive how many parts they offer for old muscle. My challenge is I like the period correct look on the outside. Big wheels isn't something I like on the old muscle. Looks weird, but totally functional. Better handling and braking for sure.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
We don’t need no stinkeen’ pronouns.
Me too, I plan on using all words as I was taught them properly by my parents and school, before the new generations.

"Let's screw up the English language" was never a subject I was taught before. The closest I got was "aint" which my dad really pushed out of me as a young kid. The "N" word was always taboo, and valley girl dumbass talk didn't exist yet back then. Now they just love "like, like, and you know", plus the old "it's like this" or Bill Elliot would say it "it's likiss."

·
Registered
217 Posts
They do from what I gather. The two that I'm most aware of are SVRA and HSR. HSR accepts replicas. I don't believe the other two do at all.

Shawn, If I do land a 70 Chevelle, it will most definitely get some of the DSE parts. I visited their shop and it was really impressive how many parts they offer for old muscle. My challenge is I like the period correct look on the outside. Big wheels isn't something I like on the old muscle. Looks weird, but totally functional. Better handling and braking for sure.
I agree with you Bob my 70 nova has some of their parts under it but still has the factory SS rally wheels replicas of course, which is the same as the Chevelle rally. Along with the factory bench. Yes DSE makes a ton of cool parts for alot of muscle cars and trucks. The just got into Fox Body stuff. Be intresting to see what new products are in the works now that Holley owns them now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
Didn’t realize Holley bought DSE - “…..make ‘em an offer they can’t refuse…”

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
I learned a new word when I moved here to TN from VA and just prior FL…… “younz”. It’s not super common in town but as I get closer to the mountains and good ole country folk, I hear it more frequently. It’s fun to learn differences from various parts of the country. Not sure I care to learn much from the LEFT coast however. I’ll be avoiding those states if I finally retire and can drive and enjoy seeing the country as wifey and I have hopes to do.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
I learned a new word when I moved here to TN from VA and just prior FL…… “younz”. It’s not super common in town but as I get closer to the mountains and good ole country folk, I hear it more frequently. It’s fun to learn differences from various parts of the country. Not sure I care to learn much from the LEFT coast however. I’ll be avoiding those states if I finally retire and can drive and enjoy seeing the country as wifey and I have hopes to do.
If we ever speak in person, you'll hear all kinds of new words. Lots of appalachian hill folk in my daily language usage.

Wash = "worsh"
younz = you all
fixin' to = getting ready to do something
purt' near = close to

etc etc

When I was going to school at UTK i realized just how different my dialect was compared to the "city folk". I made a conscious decision to NOT change how I spoke and stayed true to my mountain dialect. I don't regret it for a second. Spent a lot of time with my paternal grandparents, and they were both about as country as you could get. Mamaw, in particular, had a very strong appalachian accent and often called herself a "poor old mountain girl from Mt Vernon".

Man, sure miss them.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If we ever speak in person, you'll hear all kinds of new words. Lots of appalachian hill folk in my daily language usage.

Wash = "worsh"
younz = you all
fixin' to = getting ready to do something
purt' near = close to

etc etc

When I was going to school at UTK i realized just how different my dialect was compared to the "city folk". I made a conscious decision to NOT change how I spoke and stayed true to my mountain dialect. I don't regret it for a second. Spent a lot of time with my paternal grandparents, and they were both about as country as you could get. Mamaw, in particular, had a very strong appalachian accent and often called herself a "poor old mountain girl from Mt Vernon".

Man, sure miss them.
I don't mind accents and local words at all, I appreciate them almost always. I got to be with my parents in Germany for three years, where we vacationed several times into nearby countries. Languages were the big problem then, few people spoke English, but we were respected almost everywhere.

The language I hate is dumb talk, valley girl stuff, words made up by kids or teenagers to be so different that it was obvious they wanted to talk wrong. Those kinds of words and sayings are way below normal or local speech.

People should grow out of the bad young people talk, such as starting most sentences with the word "like." But unfortunately tons of people are teaching their children to talk that same way. I have easily 1/3 of my coworkers who abuse "like" constantly. 20 years ago nobody did, it's a recent trend, a bad trend.

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
Well, if I’m being honest with myself, there was LOTS of lingo I used that drove my parents crazy….most of that is a normal/generational expression of independence. I can’t get too excited about it. Usually, just a reminder that I’m getting older.

Progress….

Circuit component Audio equipment Gas Electrical wiring Machine
Automotive tire Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gas Engineering

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
So what kind of goodies have you found?

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
Yeah I’m having trouble with many pictures here today. Is this a precursor to a FB system collapse??

”Getting older”….. indeed.

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
Circuit component Audio equipment Gas Electrical wiring Machine

Got cam gears off, journal caps and cams out.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
Motor is very clean looks like.

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
Exceptionally - pretty sure it’s been gone through. Freeze plugs in block look new too. Gonna pull valves and inspect guides/seals, then hand lap the valves.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Don, you don't happen to have a lead on a set of rear caliper backing plates for a 1992 Lincoln Mark VII do ya? A friend of mine is in need of one for his project.

Funny, you all are talking about mountain accent. My family accent is more like that Mississippi drawl that you hear in Gone with The Wind. My MawMaw talked almost like that. She had a southern elegance in her voice. I dated a girl in college that didn't like my accent when I returned from being around my West TN buddies for about 3 weeks. She said "you need to hang around your city friends" when I got back. lol! Needless to say, that relationship didn't work out.

32401 - 32420 of 32492 Posts