Ford Mustang Forums banner
32261 - 32280 of 32492 Posts

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
Went to local Mustang show today at Ray Varner Ford in Clinton. Scored another top 25 with the old Cobra. 2 for 2 on shows lol.

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
You guys must have a different arrangement than me. House planning at our house means I may have some say over the garage….anything else exceeds my paygrade.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
217 Posts
You guys must have a different arrangement than me. House planning at our house means I may have some say over the garage….anything else exceeds my paygrade.
Not really Michael pretty much the same way it happens at my house. It's just nice to dream and think I might have some say Lol...
But at the end of the day I just do what the wife wants done.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
"....banned Indy" Did a search, couldn't come up with anything....got a link?

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
OH - THAT Indy. As far as I'm concerned they should have kicked him out long, long ago. Every one of his posts has a biting edge that's just not necessary. He clearly never scored high in the "plays nice and gets along with others" category....

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
296 Posts
Last post I saw with him, (did a search then by date) he was tt a dude who wanted to turn off his CEL cause he'd unhooked his EGR. Indy told his the EPA was watching and it was there for a reason... Dude got all salty w Indy and jumped all up on him, well Indy be Indy he jumped back.... POOF no more Indy.... Idk... 🤔

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
I doubt the decision was made because of just one post/interaction. Indy's been pretty caustic for many, many years.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
296 Posts
Oh prolly... That was just the last post that it shows he made... IDK what happened before or after that, or in a PM... I'm not sure...

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
Oh prolly... That was just the last post that it shows he made... IDK what happened before or after that, or in a PM... I'm not sure...
Yeah, I'd lean toward an exchange of PMs. But really no telling. Beside manner was definitely lacking, but then again it's not like we are a bunch of children attending Sunday school.

Oh wait, we are a bunch a children. So I guess I'm half right? :lol:

He has always been a bit rough on some, likely on super double secret probation or something and then did the final deed to get the ban.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Talk about luxury and performance great looking car. I had a cousin that had a 70 eliminator I believe 351 car. I distinctively remember the stripes on the side, mainly because of how they were reflective and seemed to light up when the sun or lights would hit them. I thought that was the coolest thing as a kid.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
Well, while installing that new exhaust header gasket, I saw my 1/0 gauge battery starter cable had gotten too close to the pass side header and melted off its insulation in a 1.5-2” section. Of course oxidation set in as well.

My battery and starter solenoid are in the trunk and thankfully when I ran the cable originally 20yrs ago I left enough slack to cut off 12-14” from the starter back and solder in a new copper lug. I made sure to push the new section another little bit away from the LTHs and I wrapped the cable in the mineral will fiberglass header wrap that I have on my intake tube. It is Tight down there Especially with my tranny cooler lines running there. But I got it taken care of and buttoned back up Finally last night.

A pic is below and I wiggled and bent the cable to see how much oxidation ran thru the section. i never had a hint the cable had any resistance I suppose that is due to my over sizing the cable To some degree.

I still need to do the TFI relocate but all I’ve managed so far is sanding the casting a bit to remove bad oxidation so it at least looks a bit more presentable.

Attachments

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
Wrap on that cable pic was the first swag at it, that’s not where it finally ended up, but gives the image of what I was trying to do.

And I agree on Indy, he’s was often a horses hind end but he did have some good content and tech info when it was pried outta him. I just am SO sensitive to being CanCelleD these days….. I had a FB account for years and years and deleted it 14-18mo ago as I was so Sick and Tired of being slammed for being a conservative libertarian. These days I think ALL should have their ability to speak no matter how heinous I believe it personally.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
Well, while installing that new exhaust header gasket, I saw my 1/0 gauge battery starter cable had gotten too close to the pass side header and melted off its insulation in a 1.5-2” section. Of course oxidation set in as well.

My battery and starter solenoid are in the trunk and thankfully when I ran the cable originally 20yrs ago I left enough slack to cut off 12-14” from the starter back and solder in a new copper lug. I made sure to push the new section another little bit away from the LTHs and I wrapped the cable in the mineral will fiberglass header wrap that I have on my intake tube. It is Tight down there Especially with my tranny cooler lines running there. But I got it taken care of and buttoned back up Finally last night.

A pic is below and I wiggled and bent the cable to see how much oxidation ran thru the section. i never had a hint the cable had any resistance I suppose that is due to my over sizing the cable To some degree.

I still need to do the TFI relocate but all I’ve managed so far is sanding the casting a bit to remove bad oxidation so it at least looks a bit more presentable.
Yikes, good catch. That could have resulted in very bad news in the right condition. Dead short on a big cable like that would burn one down pretty quickly.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,559 Posts
The way I have it wired it’s only hot when I turn the ignition switch. It’s the output side of the trunk mounted starter solenoid which in your car is likely at factory location on inner fender. I used the MAD wiring suggestions 20 yrs ago when I wired the car with a kill switch in trunk so battery could be pushed off and all car power (alt and battery) would be removed from the car.

If I had contact from that cable to ground I’d likely hear it and kill power by letting go of the key faster than the large fuse would blow.

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
I figured you likely had some redundancy built in.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
36,296 Posts
That did get toasty -- radiation is a b!tch!

Gonna go pick up the little twin cam engine on Sat. Gonna mount the engine stand bracket to the back of the motor -- and then 4 of us will pick it up and slip it onto the engine stand. Then we'll roll the stand up the ramp onto the trailer, strap it down for the 25 mile ride to the house. Then roll it off into the garage.

At least, that's the plan. ;)

32261 - 32280 of 32492 Posts