Ford Mustang Forums banner
32241 - 32260 of 32456 Posts

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
The GTS was the last "performance" rwd version of the Corolla here in the States - built from '85-'87 on what was the AE86 platform. It had the then-new 1.6L 4AG 4 cylinder, DOHC 4-valve engine -- same engine that came in the back of the MR2 from 85-89. Anything rwd from 80-84 would have had the 3TC in it - same engine that's in mine now. The GTS's are starting to command some serious money these days.

Yep, that’s the one. His was dark grey if memory serves.

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,548 Posts
Love the 67-68 body style. I always thought it was an upgrade from the prior generation.

6# weight loss on the driveshaft isn’t trivial Michael. Kudos!

·
Registered
‘93 Mustang LX
5,548 Posts
Id say ”thats a good lookin’ shaft Michael” but it’d be taken the wrong way so I won’t mention it.
😂

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
So, my mom owns two lots on Tellico Lake that belonged to my paternal grandparents. One is right on the lake, other doesn't have Lake view but is very close by. I spent every weekend of my youth up until I was maybe 11-12 years old there.

Anyhow, Mom decided to sell the lots. My brother nor I were interested in them. Brother is a straight up a city boy and no internet out there was pretty much a deal killer. It is out in the country and pretty much a minimum of fifteen minutes from anything but farmland.

So, an uncle and I went out to find boundary pins in preparation of selling the lots. I've not walked that area in a solid 25 years, as my last grandparent passed in 05.

So, found the pins and figured out how the land is oriented. OH MY! The view up the finger inlet is spectacular. With the setting sun behind us, I could see literally 2-3 miles right up the inlet to the main channel. I was shocked. However, no internet.

But wait, there's more! (in my best infomercial voice)

I text my cousin who has the neighboring lot and ask about internet. Well, heck, they have TDS with 75-100mb download. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, I always assumed it didn't have it.

Did I mention the road is named after my family (White Lane) and it's a dead end road that shoots off a dead end road? No though traffic and mostly relative around. 1.45 acre lot.

Looks like we will build there in a few years. Will sell the lot we have in the subdivision in Madisonville. Wife is very excited about it and we are already discussing what type of house plan (farmhouse style) and many 2000sf give or take. This will be our final home. It will be probably 4-5 years before we start on it but we are both pretty excited.

I just still can't get over the view. I'll take some pics today when we are back out there and post them out. Nice rolling farmland and the last 100' before the TVA high water mark is wooded. Then 180' to the water is TVA and wooded but you are allowed to clear and make improvements with their permission. Plenty of room for house with a basement plus a nice garage off to the side. And room to park the camper. No restriction on garage size, so I may need to go big or go home! LOL

Here's an overhead view of the lot.

Water Water resources Map Land lot Urban design

Reactions: CDW6212R

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
Gorgeous! That’s exciting Richard. My wife’s propensity for not wanting to be anywhere near lowland/water would kill it for me.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Gorgeous! That’s exciting Richard. My wife’s propensity for not wanting to be anywhere near lowland/water would kill it for me.
Keeping true to the rule that life is about water management. Keeping it out where it doesn't need to be and in where it's needed.

Congrats Richard! That's pretty awesome and is something to look forward to. Garage goals? haha!

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
It’s actually far from lowland lol. Let’s put it this way, if water got up to the likely house position, an ark would need to be built.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Keeping true to the rule that life is about water management. Keeping it out where it doesn't need to be and in where it's needed.

Congrats Richard! That's pretty awesome and is something to look forward to. Garage goals? haha!
Indeed - my wife has even mentioned the possibility of a barndominium lol.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
291 Posts
Oh I live at the top of a gap, my house is about 1ft above the water break in the intersection at the end of my driveway then the road drops off down into a gap.. if my house were to get water in it.. the entire town of Pound VA would have to be under about 1,500 ft or so if water... So I think I'm pretty safe... 👍

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
If she can see water Richard -- she's too close. I'm with her - we lived in Houston for 15 years; we've been running scared of rising water ever since. Funny - when we were shopping for homes here in Charlotte before she moved over - our realtor would turn into an area and the road would start heading 'down', the realtor would say 'it's right down here' - and Jean would say 'that's ok; you can turn around here and head back up the hill.'

edit - I should add - it's hard to tell the elevation change from the picture --- yup, might be just fine even for Jean. But it's damn near gotta be a big bluff to make her feel comfortable.

Reactions: 93Cobra#2771

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
So, my mom owns two lots on Tellico Lake that belonged to my paternal grandparents. One is right on the lake, other doesn't have Lake view but is very close by. I spent every weekend of my youth up until I was maybe 11-12 years old there.

Anyhow, Mom decided to sell the lots. My brother nor I were interested in them. Brother is a straight up a city boy and no internet out there was pretty much a deal killer. It is out in the country and pretty much a minimum of fifteen minutes from anything but farmland.

So, an uncle and I went out to find boundary pins in preparation of selling the lots. I've not walked that area in a solid 25 years, as my last grandparent passed in 05.

So, found the pins and figured out how the land is oriented. OH MY! The view up the finger inlet is spectacular. With the setting sun behind us, I could see literally 2-3 miles right up the inlet to the main channel. I was shocked. However, no internet.

But wait, there's more! (in my best infomercial voice)

I text my cousin who has the neighboring lot and ask about internet. Well, heck, they have TDS with 75-100mb download. It's literally in the middle of nowhere, I always assumed it didn't have it.

Did I mention the road is named after my family (White Lane) and it's a dead end road that shoots off a dead end road? No though traffic and mostly relative around. 1.45 acre lot.

Looks like we will build there in a few years. Will sell the lot we have in the subdivision in Madisonville. Wife is very excited about it and we are already discussing what type of house plan (farmhouse style) and many 2000sf give or take. This will be our final home. It will be probably 4-5 years before we start on it but we are both pretty excited.

I just still can't get over the view. I'll take some pics today when we are back out there and post them out. Nice rolling farmland and the last 100' before the TVA high water mark is wooded. Then 180' to the water is TVA and wooded but you are allowed to clear and make improvements with their permission. Plenty of room for house with a basement plus a nice garage off to the side. And room to park the camper. No restriction on garage size, so I may need to go big or go home! LOL

Here's an overhead view of the lot.

View attachment 1077362
Very nice Richard, I'm happy you have found a place to make the keeper house etc.

I used to drive through Tellico Plains to Madisonville Ford for about a year, in the late 80's. I loved the scenery out through there, and an aunt and uncle were thinking of retiring there. I would expect the internet to be okay in most places near the main roads.

Get with that big metal building company, and have a warehouse put up near the trees. It looked like $75k would get a huge building, of course bare with no insulation or floor etc.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes very nice retirement spot sir. Nice thing is you have a good bit of time to research and really build what you want! Now the fun begins going down the rabbit hole of hose plans and designs. Barndominiums are really cool good luck with the new endeavor!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

32241 - 32260 of 32456 Posts