Ford Mustang Forums banner

30461 - 30467 of 30467 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Thanks for letting me type out loud and ‘voice’ my thoughts for input.

I appreciate you all being my sounding board. I’ll try to limit my “thought experiments” and try to post only data.

Reactions: Michael Yount

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
Data is a funny thing - it can be used for almost anything. Interpretation of the data is key.
FWIW, I’m with Michael on this, less efficient fan is my guess as well. The IR gun will help tell the tale. When your fan is running wide open, you should be able to feel it on your legs while standing at the open drivers door. I can easily feel mine when it’s running at half speed. When it’s wide open, it’s like a hurricane coming out. Lincoln mkviii for the win.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So somewhere in life my MGB got this upgrade. Main harness behind the dash. The left rig was real close to contacting a few pins. After clipping the wires, the connectors seemed really tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I was warned that the aftermarket Contour fans weren’t as good as OEM. Once I get her back together I’ll run this test too.

That ~$500 SPAL fan was great in the summer heat of FL with A/C running. It’ll be between another one of those and the Mark8. I wonder if they as good aftermarket or not. But.... tests you guys suggest first.

This dual Contour fan was ~$100-120 and supposedly flows 3200cfm. The SPAL claims 3168 com and costs 4X more..... I think I under bought and got what I paid for.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Thanks Frank! Not sure where I’d mount a pusher fan at the moment, but I’ll keep that in mind. :)

·
Registered
35,676 Posts
And pushers are less efficient than pullers of the same cfm rating.....

30461 - 30467 of 30467 Posts