2401 - 2420 of 35220 Posts

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
thanks, 5oh

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Scott I'm on for the $60 deal on the 20th. They'll get their money's worth with me - unless there appears to be something amiss, I see no reason to pull more than twice if the runs appear similar.

Richard - don't know if it's the same on the Mustangs, but on all the Volvo suspension bushings (similar to Mustang set up - struts front; 4 bar/coils/shocks/panhard rod rear) you snug them with the car up in air, but you only apply full tightening torque with the car on the ground and full weight on the suspension. Keeps any bushing from being tightened and then binding when weight is put on it. Eliminates premature wear on the bushings as well as 'clunking' front end noises on the Volvo. I have the inexpensive coil spring compressors if you need to borrow them.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Brian - I can't find anything in the local phone book under insurance around ACE INA -- did you have a number or perhaps is the name mispelled?

Scott - fyi - Grundy won't insure any Volvos newer (? I don't understand) than a 1967 Volvo 122S - which by the way is a great candidate for a 5.0L swap.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Michael,

They're not local. The insurance company that I work for is an agent for them. If you'd like I can have a friend here call you to do a quote for you. He's a nice guy, a car nut, owns a couple mid 50's chevy's etc... He'd take care of you.

If you want, let me know and I'll arrange to have him call you.

Let me know.

·
Registered
724 Posts
5oh said:
Anyone going racing this weekend? I'm debating on going to Knoxville Dragway on Friday night
Seeing that it has rained the last 360 days, it is damn tempting. I really want to get my water injection spray point moved before I go again though, so I will probably hold off. I would like to go out on regular street tires one more time. After that, it is ET streets or DRs.

Last time I went, I decided late Friday afternoon. :)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Easy to miss the 1st time you go there too BTW. Just drive up Broadway toward Maynardville, go through Halls, road goes from 4 lanes to 2, then breifly back to 4 then 2 again. After it goes back to 2 you can start looking on the left it is easy to miss and the sign last time I was there was only like the size of a realty sign in a yard and faded out.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Also, T1 is awesome. We just got a full T1 here at work and man does it make the net much more fun. :D Anybody going to the autocross at Oak Ridge Mall Sunday. I am if I can wake up in time.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,412 ·
tnturbo said:
Also, T1 is awesome. We just got a full T1 here at work and man does it make the net much more fun. :D Anybody going to the autocross at Oak Ridge Mall Sunday. I am if I can wake up in time.
Mendy and I are going to try and make it. I didn't realize it was on Sunday though. Thanks for pointing that out! I guess this means I can go to 411 on Saturday. :D Racing all weekend! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,413 ·
93Cobra#2771 said:
thanks, 5oh
No problem Richard! If there's anything else you need, let me know and I'll put it up as well. I've got a ton of information, but I'm to lazy to put it up there unless someone needs it.;)

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Too broke to go race but I might be interested in watching the auto- x. Friend of mine at work has a supercharged miata that he'll be running. For what they are those cars are really well balanced, weight wise.

Michael, I'll have Jim give you a call. Any particular time that would be good for him to call?

Been working on the glass hood. Got all the paint stripped off and started sanding it with 80 grit. Then went to 180 and then Bob and I filled in the pits and big holes in the gelcoat with bondo. (My first attempt at mixing, spreading etc...) After it hardened up, it looked like I was going to have to re-fill a lot of it in, but I took a 60 grit to the whole hood and it turned out that I only had to refill two holes, one on the corner edge and the other just atop one of the vents. So, that's how I left it last night. I hope to re-sand those areas and go throuth 80, 180 and 220 before primering it. I hope to have it done and on by the end of the weekend. Won't be a 1 foot job, more like a 20 foot paint job but it will get me by, plus drop even more weight off the front....

Later.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Michael,
Regarding insurance, here is a place you might want to check:
http://www.parishheacock.com/content/

Several members of www.scoa.org use them for their 93 Cobras. I was going to, but I got Farm Bureau to match their rates. There are some limitiations, click on the "eligibility" link to see them. Took me a while to dredge the name out of my memory banks.

Thanks for the offer on the spring compressors, but I should be alright without them. Probably not going to get to do the struts this weekend after all, I decided to pull my electric fan off and go back to the stock fan, install my 180 thermostat, and chrome radiator hoses, all in preparation for the rod run next weekend.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Richard,

What didn't you like about your electric fan? I'm running the stock fan with no shroud. I don't have any cooling problems with the aluminum radiator but was wanting to go with an electric...

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Richard - Thanks for the insurance tip. Rod run in Pigeon Forge? You comin' up for that? Maybe we could bump into each other somewhere. They need a little Swedish content at the show...

Brian - early in the day or late in the day is the best time for a call. Evenings ok too. You keep sanding that hood and your Mustang is gone have Miata-like balance!

·
Registered
577 Posts
tnturbo I'm planning to just go and watch the auto cross. I know a couple ricers that race there

Michael I will be at the mall tonight if you are going. I probably wont get there till 7-730. Remind me I have some pictures of my old 242 to show you.

I think I'm heading up to pigion fordge late on saturday.

Chad

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Michael,

Ok I'll give him your name and number. His name is Jim Garland. I'll see if he can't call you today. Otherwise would be Monday.

Just found out that I got two tickets to tomorrow's game for free! Girl Shannon works with gave them to us, so, looks like I'm going to see the Big Orange! Cool.

Brian

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Brian,
It's the Black Magic fan from Flex-a-lite. It's simply not big enough. Here the short version of my experience:

Was running March underdrive pulleys (polished alum. street set). Was having cooling problems. Got FMS alum radiator and helped some, but still getting hot in traffic/summertime. Got electric fan, worked better, but still getting hot. Plus, fan pulled too many amps. Put stock Cobra (underdrive) pulleys back on, fixed amp problem but was still marginal. Spring Rod Run last year, alternator pulley nut worked off and tore my alt. shaft up, had to get a shiny chrome 140A powermaster alternator. Alt. fixed amp prob, but still getting hot. Am now going to try the stock fan with the stock pulleys, since airflow at low speeds is the issue. I blame some of the problem on the eq. length shory headers, as they put off a lot of underhood heat.

Michael,
I'll be going up on Friday early, would love to see your car and meet you face to face. I'm open to suggestions on where to meet. Probably be a quick meeting, as my 3 year old and 8 month old will prob. be wanting to leave as soon as I get anywhere! :D
Probably be the only teal 93 Cobra up there with two car seats and a baby stroller in the back...

2401 - 2420 of 35220 Posts