Ford Mustang Forums banner
2381 - 2400 of 35220 Posts

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Brian - I'm sure Don's right -- $60 for 3 pulls WITH the wideband. I'm guessing you could play with the fuel pressure regulator between pulls if you like as that only takes a few seconds. I'm only running mine for the wideband data - to see what the a/f ratio looks like. I'm happy with the way it's running and it makes plenty of power where I want it to. Just like to know how we're doing on air/fuel. Especially since I'm running the 19# injectors and the 4 cyl. Volvo electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Don,

Thanks for the info. How much would it be then to tune? I guess you're basically buying the half hour?

Michael, yes, I definitely want to see what the fuel curve looks like as I suspect it's a little rich. Don't know if I could lean it out any by playing with the fp but I guess we'll see. Might pick up a little power if it is indeed running rich. The only other thing that I could mess with during a tune session would be the timing anyhow, correct?

Thanks.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Yeah - without a chip and the ability to alter it, you're pretty much limited to static timing and fuel pressure.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Scott - do you have a feel for whether or not you're gonna want to do the chip tunes earlier or later? Or will you want to mix it up a bit to give yourself a breather and time to get set up on the next tune? Just trying to plan the day a bit and get a feel for whether I'll be up early or later.

Also - Scott (and anyone else for that matter) when we put the diff in the car, you provided me with the name of an insurance company that specializes in 'agreed value' coverage for classic cars. I've misplaced the info - could you provide that again? Name and number would be helpful. Anyone else, if you have info on specialty insurers I'd be interested in contacting a few to spec out different coverage than I currently have.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,386 ·
I just added some new stuff to my website. I now have the service manuals for some transmissions on line.

http://www.etnracing.com/pages/Tech/Tech.htm

Jeff,
I would probably take you up on the T-bird wheels, I'm just looking for something to use to auto-X the heap.
Sorry I didn't see your post until today or I would have volunteered my services for your car upgrades. My car has been having those same surges lately, it's kind of strange. :confused:.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Michael,

Try ACE INA. They specialize in classic, antique and collectable vehciles. I can get you a number tomorrow.

Scott,

What time will we beginning?

Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ok,guys here's the scenario:Everybody but maybe one I was gonna tune for up here has cancelled out on me!:( as of right now I have 5 cars total:2 up here(maybe),Brian,Michael,& Clay some of the cars up here have also mentioned the traffic for the U.T.game as a concern.I have 2 options,go ahead & have it or reschedule for the 20th(the rod run is in Pigeon Forge on the 13).If you guys still want to come I'll be there to watch the runs & to give out some suggestions, whether they'll be right or not is another matter!LOL! Just let me know what you guys want to do & I'll do whatever.If we do it on Sat.we'll probably start around 10:00 a.m.

Michael:I have Grundy on the GTX they seem to be a good company & a real good friend of mine recently switched from Hagerty to Grundy because he saved almost a $100/yr for the same coverage.www.grundy.com

·
Registered
452 Posts
Paul,If your going to come to the dyno maybe we can get together on the site.Email me about it,I think I'm having trouble w/h it(email) & want to find out.

Also,as I have it right now, none of you guys on here want chip tunes is that correct?

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Is there a minimum number Daniel (that's his name, right?) needs to pull this off? I'm happy with the price of $60, but if it's gonna go up because there's only a handful of us, I'd just as soon wait. I can do it on the 20th just as well. If it's $60 no matter how many show up - either date is fine. We'll here from others and see what's gonna happen.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I'm good with the 2oth as I just found out today that I won't be able to swing the $60 this weekend. Sucks as I've been looking forward to this for awhile. Oh well. I guess just keep us posted Scott. My vote though if it's one way or the other, would be for the 20th.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'll be in D.C. the weekend of the 20th, so I can't make it then. However, I wasn't as excited about Saturday once I found out there was a football game this weekend. If I go anywhere on Sat. I will have to stay at my mom's overnight because I won't have a parking spot when I get back. :mad: Living in the fort, while convenient to class, sucks on gameday.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm fine with the 20th for just the three pulls. Need to get a baseline before the mods begin. I actually didn't have the money to go this weekend, but I will by the 20th! ;)

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
Anyone know what you are supposed to torque the front struts bolts to? Shock tower and control arm both. I think I'm finally going to install my Tokico 5 ways this weekend, maybe. Any helpful hints for the install would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
In other words, as tight as my scrawny arms will tighten it...

:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ok,I changed the date for the dyno to the 20th & the price is $60 for 3 pulls w/h the wideband or $120/hr if you want to tune & that also incl.the wideband as well.So gett'em ready for the 20th!:)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,400 ·
93Cobra#2771 said:
Anyone know what you are supposed to torque the front struts bolts to? Shock tower and control arm both. I think I'm finally going to install my Tokico 5 ways this weekend, maybe. Any helpful hints for the install would be appreciated.
http://www.etnracing.com/pages/Tech/Frntspntrq.htm

Anyone going racing this weekend? I'm debating on going to Knoxville Dragway on Friday night

2381 - 2400 of 35220 Posts