Ford Mustang Forums banner
2261 - 2280 of 35220 Posts

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
I've got it on the calendar from before - just need to know how to get there. Not sure what the Volvo does to the domestic/Porsche count.....I think we have to add 1/2 to each side.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,262 · (Edited)
tnturbo said:
So, who is coming to the autocross in Jefferson City on the 23rd? I just poked the F body guys with a sharp stick, hoepfully some of them will show. I personally think it would be nice to see domestics outnumber the Porsches at a PCA event.
Check out the stick I just used. :D

It's easy to get to Michael. Turn left on the road past Wal-Mart in Jefferson City. I tried to do a mapquest, but it only shows you the center of town, not the actual road.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults....18&tcs=9&tarname=Wal-Mart+Vision+Ctr&tardesc=(865)+475-7236

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Which exit off of 40 - or is it easiest just to hop on 11 (Asheville Hwy - right?) and cruise out there - you know, sedately, with the window down, tunes blarin', arm on the window sill, cruise set at 52 mph......

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Anyone whos interested there's a guy here on the corral selling Koni Reds front and back for $280 shipped. Only has 15k on them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,265 ·
Michael Yount said:
Which exit off of 40 - or is it easiest just to hop on 11 (Asheville Hwy - right?) and cruise out there - you know, sedately, with the window down, tunes blarin', arm on the window sill, cruise set at 52 mph......
I'd just get on Crasheville Hwy. With all the construction on i-40, you'll make better time, not to mention it's an easier cruise and shorter. Just watch your speed going through New Market since the cops there don't have anything better to do.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
broncobuddha said:
Also put my Bosch platinums back in and my SVT pedals on. What a PITA that was. They look good though and provide good traction.

Later
I'll back you on that, I've got Steeda pedals on mine. You don't know how tough the pedals are until you try to drill into them :mad: . The only way I'd ever put another set on would be if they slipped over the stock pedals, not drilled into them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Anybody going to Foothills mall tomarrow night?

I will be there if its not raining. I will try to remember to wear a yellow pennzoil hat. If your showing your car flag me down. I'm still trying to decide on a cam to use. I mostly want sound as a fast car will only get me in trouble.

Chad
556-6800 cell

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
I'll be there too if it doesn't rain. Chances are very good that I'll be the only one in a Volvo. Look forward to meeting you - we'll talk cams.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
For anyone interested, there's a cruise-in in downtown Athens (TN) on Saturday Night. Usually runs from 6-8 pm. Located around the courthouse, they block off the entire block and everyone parks their cars all around.

·
Registered
128 Posts
rx7351w said:
Anybody going to Foothills mall tomarrow night?
You know, I've driven by that show a bunch of times, but I've never been able to stop. It looks great from the street, though! I've always had to be somewhere...plus, I've always had my wife's Accord and didn't want to get "booed" if I drove over.

Anyway, I won't be going tonight. I'm heading out to NC tomorrow and I need to get ready for that. Actually, one of the guys here in the office just got back from Blount County and says there are power problems. Hope it doesn't effect the show.

Here's his email:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 1:41 PM
To: All
Subject: Maryville, Alcoa power outage.

The electricity is out throughout Maryville and Alcoa. Even traffic lights are not operating. Louisville is unaffected.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Powers been back on for an hour or so. Shouldnt have any ill effects from the power outage. I just park my truck at sears next to the lawn mowers, everybodys seen a tahoe before.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Well, there is one less Mustang on the road now.....a drunk t-boned Camie in the 95 V6 I bought off XXtrim. It is sitting at Fountain City wrecker now, hit hard in the door, both bags blown, totalled out. I am REALLY hoping that Farm Bureau will let me get the 96 Cobra wheels, tires, and brakes off it and put the stock stuff back on it. What do you think, will the insurance let me do that, I have the title to the car free and clear.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Jeff - you kind of left out the most important part - was Cammie ok? Last time something like that happened to me (totaled 1978 Rabbit by rolling it 3 times off a mountainside near Gatlinburg - MANY years ago) I didn't ask the insurance company's permission on the basis that the car was mine and I could do whatever I wanted to with it. My accident happened on a Friday night. I went home on Sunday (Atlanta) gathered up all my stuff and went back up on Tues. to swap it all out. Took off my alloys, stereo system, a bunch of Euro-only badging/body parts, Cibie Z-beam 100W headlights, sway bars, springs, etc. Put all the stock stuff back on before the insurance company ever saw the car. My dad had a similar situation with his 97 Maxima last year. Totaled it up in NC (he's from Augusta) and at the junk yard in NC he sold the alloys and tires off of it to the wrecking yard and had them put some stock Maxima wheels/tires on it. Did that the same day as the accident after he got out of the emergency room. It's YOUR car - you can do what you like with it. However, if they total it, it becomes THEIR car - the way it sits. And if they do the estimate with that stuff on it, and then you swap it out, they may notice. Then you may have to ask permission. I'd be up there first thing today and swap it all out. Don't even read the next paragraph - get up there now. And don't take any crap from the wrecker yard - remember, it's your car!

Hadn't thought about my first major accident in a while. Was road racing in the mountains above Gatlinburg with my brother - and I LOST!! We were up for the fall car show (now held in Pigeon Forge). I was in college and dirt poor (married; 5 year old daughter). The alloys took different lug bolts than the stock wheels and I only kept 4 of the stock ones for the spare. I had to buy more stock lug bolts at a junk yard on Chapman Hwy. on the way up. Couldn't afford to buy anymore than I absolutely needed so I bought 4 to go with my 4. I figured since it was going back to the junk yard anyhow, my stock wheels and tires would be fine being held on with only 2 lug bolts under each hubcap !!

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Jeff - if you can't get to it until Monday a.m., I could help you with it first thing Monday - but it'd have to be fairly early.

2261 - 2280 of 35220 Posts