Ford Mustang Forums banner
2221 - 2240 of 35220 Posts

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Welcome Oz - a mod motor in a 94 - look forward to seeing it. Follow the thread - we meet up from time to time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
mousley said:
I own a 1994 V6 mustang which I very recently dropped a 2002 GT motor and tremec tranny into. I'm enrolled at UT studying computer engineering and all my money either goes to school or to the car.
Cool. You need to post that info on the 94/95 forum. Someone was just getting bashed for putting a 5.0 in a 98 car last week. The thread starter was just starting trouble and didn't really exist, I believe. :)

Are you sure you want to get into computers??? :) :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys,

I'd be interested in meeting up with yall! I live in knoxville, and drive a 93 cobra (black). I am finishing up school at UT and work as well. Just looking for some good times, and going out to the track once in a while. It looks to me like you guys usually meet up every once in a while at some local restaurants and hang out; let me know when the next ones planned, and I'll come out and meet you all.

Thanks,
Jarrod

·
Registered
301 Posts
Michael Yount said:
Anybody know anyone that is capable of fabbing some compound curves in sheet aluminum using an English wheel? I'm gonna have to have my front spoiler done in metal I think. I like the shape of it, and I don't know how much longer the ABS plastic is gonna hold up.
Michael- you might want to try Don at Air Cooled Classics. I know they have lots of experience fabricating bodywork, and I was very impressed with their customer service when I had them fab the video camera mount.

Welcome to the new guys.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Great tip Chase - and I know one of their 914 Vintage Racing customer's real well - he might 'network' me in there.

·
Registered
577 Posts
HI all
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just rejoined the corral. I just bought a 75 Maverick and am in the process of building a 5.0 for it. How do you guys like the E303 cam? Most of the people I have talked to like it with 1.7 rr. I like the sound of the x303 but I have been told it doesnt run as good.

I work on the motor mile and live out by foothills mall. You can usually find me at the mall on friday nights looking at the cars. Hopefully mine will be on display there soon.

Email me if you want to meet at the mall.

Chad
[email protected]

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm at foothills about every friday as well. I was there this past friday(8/8). Let me know on here if you're planning on coming and I'll try to meet up with you.

Aaron

·
Registered
577 Posts
Aaron was your car near all the camaros this last friday? The two guys I know that bring there cars have a red 32 coupe with white interior and the other guys has a black sedan with an interior that is not finnished yet.

Chad

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Chad - there are much more contemporary cams available than the Ford Motorsport cams that do a better job of balancing power and drivability. CompCams Extreme Energy line of cams are what I would look at if I were buying off the shelf. However, Car Craft just last month took a box-stock HO motor and added AFR165 heads, a decent intake and I think it was a Barry Grant Road Demon carb with 1.7 roller rockers and made 403HP at the crank. With the stock HO roller cam. If I were you I'd save my $ and invest in the heads. With the right heads, you don't need a lot of cam to make great power. And with the aluminums you shave 50 lbs. off the front of the car.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
93COBRA665 said:
Hey guys,

I'd be interested in meeting up with yall! I live in knoxville, and drive a 93 cobra (black). I am finishing up school at UT and work as well. Just looking for some good times, and going out to the track once in a while. It looks to me like you guys usually meet up every once in a while at some local restaurants and hang out; let me know when the next ones planned, and I'll come out and meet you all.

Thanks,
Jarrod
Good to see another 93 Cobra in the area. Be careful where you park that baby at door dinger central. I used to park mine all the way down at Neyland drive in that small commuter lot across from Thompson Boling. There are several "non-door dingers" spots there. :D

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I parked in that same lot. By the time you hunt for a spot closer in, you can just park at the bottom of the hill and walk up.

Got my new used tires over the weekend. Now I just need to get some new used 17x9 or wider wheels.

Michael, another option for you to consider on your metal work is Hot Rod Harry's they do good work and can make whatever you want out of most any material. Here's the link, one of their main deals is custom bike building, but they also race vintage Vettes http://www.hotrodharrysgarage.com/home.htm I would advise against emailing them, their followup on email hasn't been good for me or some others that I know. A phone call would be your best bet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey guys, just an FYI. There is a local chapter of the MCA called the Tennessee Valley Mustang Club...

Some local Ford dealers offer TVMC members discounts. By showing their membership card, members can receive a 20% discount on all Ford parts, a 10% discount on all Ford Motorsports parts and a 10% discount on service work from Dean Stallings Ford (contact - Adam Cable) in Oak Ridge, Ray Viles Ford (contact - Ray Viles) in Clinton, and Ted Russell Ford (contact - John Brown) in Knoxville. A&A Mustang Parts will discount most parts 5% to club members.

From the TVMC Website

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Just wander over there between 5 and 8. All kinds of things show up -- just look for the crowd. Get there early if you don't want to fight the crowds looking for a parking space. It's kind of like the gathering that occurs at KMart (the store that formerly was KMart) on Clinton highway on Sat. nights. If the weather cooperates (who can tell?) I'll probably go down on Friday.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey guys, what about getting together sometime over at Air Cooled Classics for some dyno fun? I've never hit the dyno before, and now that I have the 4.6 in, I'd like to get some baseline numbers before I start modding it. Anybody else want to get some dyno time in?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm going to try to schedule a day at the dyno on the last Sat.of this month.I've got to tune a couple of '03 Cobras & some of my other customers want to take their cars as well.I'll be sure & let you know if I get it. Scott

2221 - 2240 of 35220 Posts