Ford Mustang Forums banner
2181 - 2200 of 35222 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Guys it was great hanging with all of you all today. It was nice to finally meet some of you.

Jeff, thanks for driving to that car. What a piece of junk. Good parts car.

Michael, thanks for driving up. The volvenator does pretty good on the road. Nice work.

Scott, good to see you again. Next time hopefully you can race.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guys,It was great getting to meet some of you,unfortunately we had some difficulties & I didn't get to hang out w/h you much.I hope I can remember who drives what car!:)

Michael & Bob:As always a real pleasure beiing around you guys!

Paul: Glad to meet the man who's building my website,It's gonna look great guys(if I'll just get him some pics!)

Jeff,Clay,Brian & the others,there were so many I forgot some of you, PLEASE don't be offended !, i just got to meet the others more than I was able to talk to you.i really enjoyde hanging w/h you what time I could hope we can do it again soon!!If you guys that went don't mind to chime in, please list what car you were driving,your nickname & real names I would appreciate it,I remember most of your faces but us old guys need all the info we can get!:)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,184 ·
I was in the convertible. I am so sunburnt!!!!! Teach me to forget the sunscreen in the car next time. I still can't get over that 212mph pass in the heat of the day. UNREAL!!!! So how much would you charge to build me one of those cars Scott? It was great seeing everyone again.

I got some pretty decent pictures. I'll post them later so you all can check them out.

Scott, I have more completed on your website. Check it out and let me know if you want to make any changes. I plan on using a couple of pictures of your shop in a few spots, but other than that and the projects page, It's just about done.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was in the purple LX.
I enjoyed watching the True Street division. Next year I am definitely entering. This is the second time I've been to a FFW, and once again I slapped myself for not entering that. It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Keep us in the loop Clay - I'd be happy to crew for you when you do it. You'll need a bit of support so you can just concentrate on the driving.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yea...True street rocks. The car that won this year was really nice. He averaged 9.8! It was a 351 stroked to 400. Got some pictures of the interior and body, but didn't get to see under the hood.

Hey 5oh! I had sunblock! If you guys wouldn't have left without us I would have given you some. :) :) Just kidding man. Anyway, I missed spots on the back of my neck and I am truly a ******* now.

I think Chad McQueen and I were the first in the gates and last to leave. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks Paul. I have to admit though when y'all were pulling out on the way to Bristol those healthy V8s made me miss my Cobra.:(

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Bob,

Can you give me a call when you read this? I've got a guy who's interested in some stuff off the red car and I need help pricing it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Good seeing everybody again. If I am not mistaken this was definitely our biggest get together so far. My tires got progressively worse and my passenger rear rotor got downright bad by the time I got home. Averaged 22mpg for the entire trip, running 80 most of the way up there and seeing a little ;) north of that a couple of times.

Chase, that is a good price on the Bullit brakes on cc.com. There you go Brian. I ordered new rear Brembo rotors from tirerack today, they have the best prices I have run across on them. Bought one of the Harbor Freight aluminum jacks everybody has been talking about on Sunday and really like it so far. Weighs 37.5 lbs and has minimum clearance of around 3.5" 3000lb capacity. Mine is blue anodized.

SCMC in conjuction with Ted Russell Ford is having an all Ford show on Saturday Oct. 4 at the dealership. there will be trophies and numerous prizes such as gift certificates to the participants.

Did anybody find any good deals on parts at FFW. I almost bought a spare nitrous bottle for $100, but decided to save my money towards rims for my new track tires.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Jeff, what was the price on cc.com again? PPI has the bullitt and cobra brakes, just the front rotors/calipers and lines for $399.

Also at the time you were going north of 80, just before we let off my CEL came on. It went off when I backed off... I'm assuming it was just saying that I was running rich?

To all, what's a good price for a front bumper/headlight assembly? This would not be the support as well, just the plastic bumper and piece that surrounds the headlight? Have a guy who's interested and I'm not sure what to ask for...

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
tnturbo said:
SCMC in conjuction with Ted Russell Ford is having an all Ford show on Saturday Oct. 4 at the dealership. there will be trophies and numerous prizes such as gift certificates to the participants.
I'm guessing the show is at the Parkside Drive location?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes parkside drive Ford location.

Brian, it is an individual selling the brakes over on corner carvers. My Tbird does the same thing you are talking about and the code I get is related to the EGR.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Anybody got a contact on the "All Ford" show? I loosely interpret a Ford-owned brand (Volvo) powered by a Ford engine as qualifying, but I'd like to check. Be fun to hang out there for a bit of that time. Bob - car got 23.7 mpg on the 240 mile round trip up to Bristol.

2181 - 2200 of 35222 Posts