Ford Mustang Forums banner
2081 - 2100 of 35222 Posts

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I'm still up for it and I'll be braving the no A/C in my coupe, unless I can get it done in time....

With the rain, I still haven't put the synthetic in yet. I really want to do it.

Bob, need the 10 holes for the black car eh? Yeah, you can swap them out if you need to.

·
Registered
421 Posts
broncobuddha said:
Clay, just saw the post...weird. Glad it worked. Maybe a sticker that says, "no need to break window, door is open, please help yourself to the $30 stereo...moron."

Was it hard to get in?
Getting it in was the easy part. I had quite a time drilling out the factory rivets though. On the same day I replaced my friend's window (his Mitsubishi Mirage got broken into at the same time)... I'm getting to be a pro at window installs.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
FFW in Bristol on Aug. 2 -- if you want to cruise up together for the day trip (convoy!) meet at the Shoneys at exit 417 at 9am that Sat. morning. Scoot -- would love to meet up and watch you race. When are you going up? We probably ought to try and come up with a specific time and place to meet or we'll likely never find each other. I've never been to Bristol/this event - so I'm gonna leave it to others/you to figure out a place/time. By the time we get parked and oriented it'll likely be noon or so I'd guess. If you're driving up that morning too (don't know what the race schedule is) we'll probably be coming by your place on 81 around 10-10:30.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Anyone else up for a little get together at 411 this weekend? It should be nice with lower humidity. Maybe we could grill or something.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
broncobuddha said:
Bob, need the 10 holes for the black car eh? Yeah, you can swap them out if you need to.
yeah man! I really don't want my 93 cobra wheels down there the whole time. One they can get stolen, he does not have a lock down facility, and two the overspray from his paint booth could ruin them. So a nice set of ten holes would be great. Heck I might get good tires for them and put them back on the 85. That is what it came with. maybe... the pony's look pretty good.

thanks man!!!

oh, and you will get some kind of payment for them. working on your car, or something in trade. I now have a good set of stock 86-93 valve covers you can take and polish if you'd like. You can have them. Finally got the correct valve covers for the 85. I also got rid of all the interior to my 88. The garage is clearing out. WOOHOO!!! that means I am going to stans to get the car hacked up!!! Oh yeeeeaaahh!!

Bristol is going to be a blast. cannot wait!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Michael, we can meet over near the pits. The dragway is not that big.

Scott you just let us know where to meet you.. I will pit for you to watch your stuff or help you tune the car. That would be fun. What class are you running in?? factory stock? or street? You got any stickers for your performance shop?? I will put one on my 85 for advertisement.

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
Bob - you wanna park your car at my place that Sat. morning? I'd say we need to leave here around 8:15 to make Shoney's a bit early. All the 'stuff' at the radio stations having any direct impact on you?

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
You guys don't want to know how easy it is to get into a mustang with a simple coat hanger, I've locked my keys in my car and gotten back into it in about ... 20 seconds.

Goodson, say hi to Stan for me, haven't seen him in a while. He's still got a quart of Teal paint I bought for the cowl induction hood I never got, of course I'm sure it's sludge by now :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Michael Yount said:
Bob - you wanna park your car at my place that Sat. morning? I'd say we need to leave here around 8:15 to make Shoney's a bit early. All the 'stuff' at the radio stations having any direct impact on you?
yeah, I have to put in a new audio system, and have it ready for the programmers by the end of august. it just makes for more work for me.. ppppbbbbbbtttttt.. to all of them..lol!!

no it really is not. it is something that all of us here kinda knew before it happened. Well at least in my department.

Richard, I will say hi to stan for you and see if the paint is sludge.. lol! knowing him, he still has it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd love to make a few passes at the track once I get my electric fan installed, but I have to work Saturday and Sunday evenings. Are any tracks other than Knoxville Dragway open on Friday evenings?

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
No but the test and tune at 411 on Sat starts at 2pm and runs towards 11 at night, so depending on when you work, you could possibly still go.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
You could go to Knoxville on Thursday import night. They have been letting all street type cars run.

Is anybody riding with me or am I driving alone? Do you Knoxville guys want to meet somewhere and ride to 417 together?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey guys,I'll probably go up Fri.nite or very early Sat.morning.If you guys are taking a cell phone I can give you a quick call & tell you where I'm at.

Bob:sounds good you can be pitman for a stock 5.0!:)I'll be running the quick ford bracket class.I've had some pretty good success there before(won street ford on Sat.last year & have gotten into the money rounds several times) so I hope it holds out.

As for the windshield banners I've had a bunch of requests for'em but can't seem to leave the shop before 6 any more(a good thing) so I'm taking down the colors everyone wants and going to make a big order but don't know if they will be done before Bristol,I'm going to try to get some smaller decals thrown in for those who don't want a big banner.THANKS for wanting one on your car though,I appreciate it when people have confidence in my work.Scott

·
Registered
37,232 Posts
I'll take a small decal for the Fjord; cell number is 865-803-8020 - I'll turn it on as we get close to Bristol - if you can call us around noon, we'll find ya. I can help with the car too - as long as I don't get dirty or do anything that would cause me to sweat or break a nail. :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,100 ·
Looks like it will be a great opportunity to finally put a face with your name Scott.
I'll help ice the intake for you or something. ;)

with this much help, he should be racing pro 5.0!!!

2081 - 2100 of 35222 Posts