Ford Mustang Forums banner
2061 - 2080 of 36137 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Greetings from Milan guys. Staying in a real nice hotel here with internet access so I figured it will check in. An Opel Signet with the 2.2 turbo diesel will go 210 kph and can maintain 190-200 real well. An E class Mercedes can get 240+ not sure of the engine. While driving at 220-230 on the autobahn, a yellow Porsche went flying by at who knows how fast, passed us like we were sitting still. More details when I return next week sometime.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Jeff, glad to see you are enjoying your stay. That is pretty quick.. Wish I was there to enjoy the twisties. Most of the roads there are pretty curvy.

Brian... wanna get rid of those ten holes??? I can come up with 4 spares pretty quick if I need to. :D

Michael, I will ride with you on the 2nd if you need a partner in cruising and some goline money. I cannot wait until that weekend. It is gonna RAWK!!!

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
You're on Bob - that'll be fine.

Bill Murray while playing spatula-waffle with Sean Young sitting on the electric range - "...who's your buddy? Who's your pal?"

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey Chase,

When you were at the light at the 129 entrance and the strip this afternoon you may have been trying to ignore the ******** to the left of you in a Toyota pickup truck. They weren't trying to freak you out. One of them was me trying to say hi.

At least it looked like you and your car! I was in the passenger seat. I drive Ford trucks. :)

You were in the zone! :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
ttbit- I must have been thinking about work or something because I totally missed any truck next to me. Was this under the overpass? Sorry about that.

·
Registered
724 Posts
YGBSM said:
ttbit- I must have been thinking about work or something because I totally missed any truck next to me. Was this under the overpass? Sorry about that.
:) Yep. It was kinda funny because Chad (in the back) was saying, oh that's a nice BMW. Then I said, "That looks a lot like the one that Chase has." Travis said, "Yea...it does." Then I looked harder and I saw that it was you. :)

Small world.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,073 ·
Michael,
I don't think many people are going to make it to 411 tommorow. They scheduled an import day in on top of the highperformancetoys track day, so most everyone has opted out. You may want to check the HPT website.

On another note, repairablewreck.com has a sonic blue 03 Cobra that has been wrecked. very easy fix, needs a bumper and a passanger side fender. I seen it today and thought I was gonna :drool: all over it.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Ooops, Michael, I'm going to have to call you out on that one... Sean Young was in the other room playing the force field game with harold ramis. The blond chick was the one who got the Aunt Jamima treatment! :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. How'd the track day go yesterday? I got my Amsoil last night, so, I'm putting it in tonight.

Had a good weekend at NAMM in Nasvhville. That's the SEMA for the music world. Met Jim Marshall, Victor Wooten and Dave Mustaine! Pretty cool! Lots of nice stuff...

Any one up for the track this coming Saturday?

·
Registered
37,869 Posts
You're right Brian - I get the two MP's mixed up as to who was with whom. Paul said hardly anyone was going to 411, so I went over and watched drivers and spectators sweat through the autocross. Hot enough that I headed home after an hour or so. I'll be out of town this weekend. Fjord handled a day trip to Asheville and back a/c all the way just fine. Taking it up to Pittsburgh to visit a friend Thurs-Mon.

·
Registered
7,778 Posts
Clay, just saw the post...weird. Glad it worked. Maybe a sticker that says, "no need to break window, door is open, please help yourself to the $30 stereo...moron."

Was it hard to get in?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Well I'm back now...and back to work with a huge pile of stuff to do unfortunately. Trip to Europe was enjoyable and fairly productive. My travelling companion in Germany had his rental car get hit while parked on the street. The guy I travelled to Italy and home experienced luggage loss courtesy of Alitalia and Continental airline. My only bad time was in Paris just due to the nature of the locals.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey guys,I'm going to be racing at FFW/Bristol & would like to get to meet some of you.Won't be in anything fast though,just my stock '87 probably,but would like to get to see some of you nonetheless.Maybe I can get w/h Michael & we can meet up somewhere.

BTW,if any of you guys need an'01 Lightning mass air unit I am now the proud owner of 2 of these jewels, thanks to a big blunder on my part,they fit the Lightning,other blown applications & will also fit an '03 Cobra (I have one in the shop right now & the part #'s match exactly).These are for 42#inj.I ordered them for 2 Procharger kits I'm installing only to find out the chips supplied from ATI are programmed for the '99 lamf (80mm).The place I got them from won't take them back due to special ordered parts so I'm stuck w/h'em.They are brand new still have the ford boxes,one has never been opened, the other I trial fitted on the blower but has never ran w/h it.I gave $219 ea.for'em but will take a little less if you frequent the southeast forum. Thanks for the unsolicited ad!:)

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm in for the meet and drive to FFW on Saturday. Anybody need a ride? If you want you can leave yours at my apartment and we can ride to 417 together or I can leave mine and we can take yours as long as you have AC ;) Anybody that wants to see what an aluminum flywheel feels like is welcome to try mine out.

2061 - 2080 of 36137 Posts