Ford Mustang Forums banner
2021 - 2040 of 35758 Posts

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
You know - I wonder if you could cut a quick 'consignment' deal with one of the many 'vendors' that will be there. I'm talking about the smaller, local guys. See if they'll sell it for a % of the selling price. Just a thought. Can't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey guys- I had my car broken into this morning. Bastards broke my driver side window. Know of a cheap place to have a window replaced around here? I might try the junk yards, but I dunno if I can hadle replacing it myself.

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
Clay - there's an auto glass shop almost right behind my house on Kingston Pike near Bearden elementary school. I don't have firsthand experience, but they always seem to be busy. It's just before you get to the intersection of Westwood Drive on the left side of Kingston Pike coming into town. Given the weather this morning, you probably ought to do something pretty quick. Sorry about that - I know how it feels - kind of like you've been violated.

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
Was out to the hardware store and stopped by - it's called Glassmasters. Number is 5847555 and if you stop by now they can take you right in. It's about 8:40 am WEd. morning. And I couldn't remember exactly what year your car was - I told him early 90's Mustang. He couldn't quote exactly as there are different window styles (convertible, etc.) but he didn't think it would be much more than $150 for a driver's side window. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
I'm at 6023580. If you go there, I'm right around the corner. Stop by for a few minutes if you like - I'm working on my catch can this morning.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I dropped the car off at my mom's place in Lenoir City last night (I don't trust the fort sanders area to leave my car here with a busted window) so it'll probably be Friday before I fix it. I am going to call around to junk yards today. If I can find a window for $50 or less, I may go ahead and attempt putting it in myself.

·
Registered
37,443 Posts
You know about the 2 Mustang specialty places on the east side right? I don't know their numbers - just know how to get there. They are certain to have what you need - and they can probably give you tips on how to install it. Both are just north of I40 in between exit 407 and 412. If you need to know how to get there, call me and I can describe it.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Clay,

I've got my 91lx hatch that i'm parting out, so for $50 you can certainly have the glass if you want. It would save you a trip to the junkyard. I live in south Knoxville off of Chapman. The door panels are already off, so there shouldn't be too much to take off to get to the glass.

Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds good, Brian. Can I help with removing it so I can see how things go together in there?
Give me a call at 946-6929 so I can get directions to your place and a good time to meet up. I'll be home from about 2pm on today.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Clay,
That sux! Did they get anything out of the car, or just bust the window out just for the heck of it?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,035 · (Edited)
kikboxr1 said:
I dropped the car off at my mom's place in Lenoir City last night (I don't trust the fort sanders area to leave my car here with a busted window) so it'll probably be Friday before I fix it. I am going to call around to junk yards today. If I can find a window for $50 or less, I may go ahead and attempt putting it in myself.
Shameless plug

http://www.repairablewreck.com

I'm sure they have a window for you.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Clay,

I'll give you a call a little later. You can help remove it as I have no idea how to. I can't imagine that it's too hard.

Anyone know of any caveats on taking the glass out of the door?

2021 - 2040 of 35758 Posts