Ford Mustang Forums banner
1981 - 2000 of 35731 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those damn lawyers.

Well I didn't get to the brakes last night before the storm hit so if anybody wants to help me out today let me know. Michael- email me, maybe we can work something out. Bleeding the brakes is just like on any other car, from what I've been told.

·
Registered
37,431 Posts
Hey there Chase – I could swing by this afternoon if that timing works for you. You can call me at 602-3580-home. I’ll be workin’ out at the Y from about 10 til after lunch. Michael

·
Registered
301 Posts
A big thanks to Michael Yount for helping me bleed brakes and change pads today! He was a lifesaver when I needed a 7mm allen wrench. He also has a very cool garage.

We need to take up a collection to buy him a new floor jack, though. :)

·
Registered
37,431 Posts
Please put money in the mailbox at 118 Herron drive....

Had a ball Chase; we look forward to videos of you and the M3 zipping (safely) around Road Atlanta. Take a lot of fresh underwear for turns 12 and 1!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Guys,Anybody interested in a brand new E-cam? Customer bought one for his '85 but it won't clear the pistons so back in goes the stocker.he gave $174.40 for it from Summit.Told him I would try to help him out w/h it.Scott

·
Registered
702 Posts
i didn't read any of the earlier post, but me and a friend here in jackson ms, are comeing to bristole tn, aug 1 and 2. any of you?

·
Registered
37,431 Posts
Yeah - but I'll probably have to make it a day trip on that Sat - I actually have to work (what's that?) on the Thurs/Fri before and I won't get back into town until late Fri.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
No problem. John and I are planning the same. Getting up early Sat. heading up and coming back that night. We can all caravan up there. You'd take the Fjord right?

Later.

·
Registered
37,431 Posts
Yup - unless it's forecast to just be socked in with rain/hail, in which case we'd probably all elect not to go anyhow. Maybe we could even trade a drive for a few miles up the I-state so we can here/see what our cars are like going by.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Good deal. John has to work Friday night, so when he gets off at 7:30am in the morning, we'll just head out around 8 or 8:30am. That early enough?

Brian

·
Registered
37,431 Posts
Yup - maybe even an Awful House stop for coffee/grease once we get out of town. I'd like to get back by dark.

Chase - we need a Road Atlanta report. I'd especially like to know that the brake pedal didn't go all the way to the floor and that the wheels stayed on the car. We'd all like to know if most of the tires stayed on some of the track most of the time.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Road Atlanta rocked! Being at work sucks!

About 100 cars- great eye candy Porsche, BMW, NSX, Corvettes, and two Mustangs- a SN95 and a Fox. Both very fast.

Brakes were fine, not great. I wonder if I bedded them in properly. I followed the instructions, but I almost blew 10A three times.

The only car that was consistently faster than me (in my group)was an Integra Type R with slicks. Since I was on street tires that didn't bother me so much. I beat all the other E46 M3s in my group, including one with slicks!

I've got some good video, y'all need to come over and watch. One of the best scenes involves me and an E30 325 (gutted with slicks). He handled better but I could pull him on the straights. We diced for position for a few laps, passed traffic, etc. Well he was looking in his rearview mirror coming down to 10A (the important curve at the end of the back straight) because I was right behind him. He went DEEP into the braking zone and I said to myself "He's never going to make that turn." Sure enough, he locked up the brakes and went right off the track in front of me. Fortunately no body damage- only injury was to his pride.

A supercharged E30 M3 wasn't so lucky. It got totaled in Turn 6.

1981 - 2000 of 35731 Posts