Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
What's up- I'm in Knoxville too. I read the first and last page of this thread- is there a Knoxville mustang club or something? And where is the dyno in town/how much is it? I'd like to see how well my car is running as far as hp these days.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'll be at 411 if I can get off work.

Would anyone be interested in sharing some dyno time at air-cooled classics? I ran some crazy slow times at Knoxville dragway yesterday and I want to make sure my car is putting out the power that it should be.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Brian,

Any chance you'll be wanting to share some dyno time in the next month or so? I want to make a few pulls to see what my engine is putting out, but I don't want to fork over too much cash to do it.

Clay

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey Brian,

I just remembered back when I first put my new motor in, I had similar problems. The car would actually buck real bad at odd intervals. After months of frustration, I looked at a buddy's car and noticed something my car didn't have- a ground wire from the battery to the computer ground on the body.

I know it was silly, but like you said maybe you have a simple ground not making enough contact somewhere.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yep, that's the one I was talking about. If you have your battery in the trunk, I suppose you have it grounded to the frame, right? And then on the engine you have a large ground from the frame to the engine? Wherever that ground from the engine to the frame is, try taking some 12 gauge wire from there to the computer ground. It may not help at all, but it's a cheap thing to try.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hey guys- I had my car broken into this morning. Bastards broke my driver side window. Know of a cheap place to have a window replaced around here? I might try the junk yards, but I dunno if I can hadle replacing it myself.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I dropped the car off at my mom's place in Lenoir City last night (I don't trust the fort sanders area to leave my car here with a busted window) so it'll probably be Friday before I fix it. I am going to call around to junk yards today. If I can find a window for $50 or less, I may go ahead and attempt putting it in myself.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sounds good, Brian. Can I help with removing it so I can see how things go together in there?
Give me a call at 946-6929 so I can get directions to your place and a good time to meet up. I'll be home from about 2pm on today.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It was nice to finally meet you guys. I'm glad we didn't blow ourselves up trying to get the window down.
I fell in love with those corbeaus, Brian. What's the model name of those?

·
Registered
421 Posts
broncobuddha said:
Clay, just saw the post...weird. Glad it worked. Maybe a sticker that says, "no need to break window, door is open, please help yourself to the $30 stereo...moron."

Was it hard to get in?
Getting it in was the easy part. I had quite a time drilling out the factory rivets though. On the same day I replaced my friend's window (his Mitsubishi Mirage got broken into at the same time)... I'm getting to be a pro at window installs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd love to make a few passes at the track once I get my electric fan installed, but I have to work Saturday and Sunday evenings. Are any tracks other than Knoxville Dragway open on Friday evenings?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts