Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
541 Posts
Hey ho!!! Shout out from SW VA here!! Just got a 90 LX with 97k original miles on it. Originally a 4cyl car but someone crammed a 351M between the fenders of it!! Worst thing about it is the previous owners let it set for 10 years! I just had dropped the gas tank getting ready to swap in a new one and bang!! Had to go in hospital for a pacemaker!! Then a week after getting that done had to go back in for a week over double pneumonia that I cought from the surgery!! I'm still recovering from all that mess and it's killing me just wanting to get back out there and turn some wrenches on project Cherry Bomb!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeahhhhhh with all the **** going on someone really decided to be an idjit.. besides that wasn't a cool move at all even if someone was trying for a joke, really poor taste and shows how stoopid some ppl can be.. /me crawls down from my soapbox...

·
Registered
541 Posts
It is interesting that NASCAR hasn't chimed in on the whole deal after the FBI's investigation. Is it because they don't wanna be dragged into this whole mess and be made to look like a bunch of white racists? Or playing the favor game with Bubba whoever he is? ( I quit following that whole mess in the 80's when they were trying to outlaw the Thunderbirds off the tracks)

·
Registered
541 Posts
When I was a Jr in highschool (1983) I found a 1969 Boss 429 for sale, it had gone thru a complete restoration only thing it lacked was finishing the exaust and carpet for the trunk. The 429 had even been balanced, blueprinted and had Dyno sheets where it had been dyno'd at just a fuzz over 570hp. I begged my dad to buy it. (He had the $$$ he was big in the coal mining industry here at the time.) I told him I didn't want to drive the danm thing all I wanted to do with it was jack it up, pull the tyres off it and spray the underside of it w 90 weight oil and put a cover on it. He said nope, you'll wind up running up and down the roads and getting killed in it.. All I wanted to do is park it cause I knew what an S code Boss nine was gnna be worth... The asking price for it back then??? Don't cry when you hear it cause I do whenever I think about it.... $25,000... No s#it....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ooooh good to know!!! I'm tracking down colored spaghetti monster gremlyns on Cherry Bomb right now and I think that's one of the things I'll need to replace... PO let it set for 10 years and I think I'ma have to replace all the switches on it cause of damp making bad contacts.. only about 1/2 of the stuff works from the multifunction switch and I've got 1.7 amps of draw on it with key on and nothing else turned on. Gauge in car shows 10 volts but battery has 12.8. (Nope no fuel pump tank is out of car.)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Used to be a guy that bracket raced a stock Datsun B210 automatic over in Richlands all the time back in the late 80's, won all the time. Used to pi$$ everyone off cause the danm thing would run the same time every time and everyone that lined up against it would breakout trying to catch him cause he was halfway down the track when they went green!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Youse guys were talking about fuel economy in cars? Me and one of my ex's took her son's Honda Fit in a trip to visit her sister who was living in Knoxville Tn. at the time. I live in Wise VA. We left Wise and the car was on 1/4 tank of gas... Mind you those things only had a 10 gal tank. I figured we'll stop in Weber City VA. To get gas, it's usually cheaper there... Gas hand hadn't moved..... We didn't stop, got up on I81 towards Knoxville, figured we'll stop on the interstate when we see a cheap sign for gas right?? We keep on going... Go past the exit for Gatlinburg... Gas hand has just made it to 1/8 tank but low fuel light hasn't come on.. I know it worked cause her son said he's driven it to work and back for 2 or 3 days with the low fuel light on... So we make it into Knoxville.. finally I fill it up with gas.. the low fuel light never did come on... We drove from Wise VA all the way to Knoxville TN on a lil less than 2 1/2 gal of gas... If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it...

·
Registered
541 Posts
It was a 5 speed, and I'm just telling y'all what we both saw... As far as how accurate the gas gauge was idk.. yes you're right, topping off the tank and measuring it from that is the best way to tell. We didn't have a full tank to start with tho.. Her son was living with us at the time, and from work to home was about 5 miles, and he did say he usually ran a week to work with the fuel light on... Me? I'd have never been able to do that, as soon as the light came on, my luck, I'd be out and stranded beside the road!! 👍

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh true that!! I was just thinking something similar to that, 4 cyl, turbo, intercooled, lotta horses really small package... I'm not up on all the newer front drive high horse deals out but I'm sure there's gotta be something we could stick in this lil FrankenGeo!! Hey, if a big block Chevy will fit in a chevette??? Why not??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh I live at the top of a gap, my house is about 1ft above the water break in the intersection at the end of my driveway then the road drops off down into a gap.. if my house were to get water in it.. the entire town of Pound VA would have to be under about 1,500 ft or so if water... So I think I'm pretty safe... 👍

·
Registered
541 Posts
Last post I saw with him, (did a search then by date) he was tt a dude who wanted to turn off his CEL cause he'd unhooked his EGR. Indy told his the EPA was watching and it was there for a reason... Dude got all salty w Indy and jumped all up on him, well Indy be Indy he jumped back.... POOF no more Indy.... Idk... 🤔

·
Registered
541 Posts
If it's got an aux in that you can hook to an RCA cable I've seen online where ppl have used a Bluetooth adapter so they can use their fone and Bluetooth directly into the older radios without using those FM transmitter type of adapters. My 2004 sport-trac has the pioneer 6 disc changer with an auxiliary in button that's supposed to be used for a dealer installed satellite radio option. I've seen ppl wire up the aux in cable for this radio to use for the same thing I'm talking about on YouTube... Maybe worth looking into?? Cheers!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
My dad had a 79 Lincoln 2 door, can't remember the model, baby blue with white trim! The coolest thing I remember about that thing was it had automatic dimming headlights!! I can remember him using a stop sign to get the adjustment right on them! Years ahead of their time even back then! How many cars have that feature now??

1 - 20 of 30 Posts