Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
A few of you might remember me, Mike and Bob should. My profile was compromised, so now the x2.

I had a factory five cobra. Anywho, building another project and need some roller 351w (F4TE) engine parts. Going from roller EFI to carb. Intake,heads, dist. etc.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year!

Frank

·
Registered
148 Posts
Screwdriver will work, I keep a priming shaft to spin with drill on hand. Sometimes pressure (on dist) and bumping the starter works. I've had luck rocking the crank pulley, if you can get to it.
Don't use the 5/16 socket taped to extension method, risk leaving the socket stuck on shaft.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That Datsun Michael? Cool car, back in the early 80s they were a dime a dozen. I'd been looking for something like that for a new project.I settled on this B-GT.

Currently its cut to pieces. Today I welded up some rear frame. Getting ready for the 9 inch,lol. Then onto the coilover front suspension, 351 roller, 4R70W trans. That's the short list.

Im not heading the MS Paint route. My goal is a wide body Sebring style

·
Registered
148 Posts
Michael, I've run a Mr Gasket crankcase vent system on about everything I've built. Since there were no way to run a PCV on the weber intake, it works out great. Also great for the strokers that have a bit more positive crankcase pressure. The factory five I sold I had built a 331 with 48mm idf's, the evac system on that was a must. Running to a carb was not an option.

Just weld in the exhaust piece and you're ready. You could still run a catch in the system along a vent hose. The kit comes with one way valves.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The 1967 Toyota 2000GT , one of my favorite bodied cars. My beer money bought a 240Z in 1984. It went on to have Turbo Coupe motor put in it. Miss my 240.

The vintage cars just look better to me. I don't feel as bad dropping money in old stuff.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Any pictures of that 2.3L powered 240? The 2000 GT's are in 7 figure territory now. Corollas similar to mine came with in a "Levin" version that had a 1.6L DOHC motor that was a 4 cylinder version of the 6 that came in the 2000GT. Called the 2TG motor - we never got them stateside.
I wish I had a picture of it. Never thought back then to take many pictures.

I have some sad pictures of my cut up 74 MGB GT. Big Ford overdrive transmission doesn't fit great. My tunnel is 6 inches wider, and then there's the heads blocking the steering. Old British cars were always cool. The GT was suppose to be a Pininfarina. design.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah that is cool. I almost bought a bugeye in Knox last year, it was near perfect car.

I looked at the 4 cyl ecoboost for the MG project. Crap, the wires cost more than the engine. Would have been cool though.

Surprising enough the SBF engine is not much more weight on the front, maybe 30lbs since I did a coil over front. I think I lost 80lbs over the old king pin lever arm suspension & crossmember. So I made the engine heavier :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I do need to ask Beau (or you guys!) where I might obtain a true ‘03 rack. If I am going to keep this coupe which now seems to be my preferred path, I’d like to begin prep for a rebuilt rack, MM steering shaft and firm rack bushings and maybe bumpsteer kit. I do my own string alignment on the fox so it shouldn’t be a problem.

it’d be nice to install a tilt ‘87-89 column and wheel as well.
Slowly but surely.....
There's a Mustang salvage here in Kodak, I can pm you his number. I've got a lot of good parts from him over the years.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Made me chuckle - the local Girl Scout campground was adjacent to the Boy Scout campground - we spent many evenings sneaking over to the “other side”....where there’s a will...
This /\
Except I broke their "sun tea" jar with a rock one summer week. My punishment was to spend the rest of the week with them, working off my debt. BEST SUMMER EVAR!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had a 351W roller sitting in the basement, so I went with that.

Not sure I'd have steering with Cleveland heads , most likely block my steering column. The W motor is pushing the space limit.

My first car had a C motor, torque monster.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts