Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
I remember, back in the day, there were no internet tutorials and you had to figure it out yourself!

heck, I remember when there was no internet!!

lol
I’m 42. The Internet was just coming around as I was growing up. But I was still more interested in girls and drinking beer around a campfire.

· Registered
415 Posts
Well, you fit in well here. Even as a youngster. I'm 49, Michael is the, uh, senior, and the rest of us are scattered about in in a similar age range.

We cover a variety of topics, from cars to homes to pretty much anything else. A variety of professions and hobbies, from Engineers to a Graphic Artist. More importantly, I like to think this is a fairly intelligent group of people to get into deep thinking with. Welcome to our small corner of the internet!
Thanks for the welcome!
Michael and I have chatted several times. By far the most helpful person I’ve met on corral.

I’ve popped into this thread a few times. Glad to finally be a part of the conversation.

Unfortunately I don’t have any physical ailments to share with you guys yet🤞🏼

· Registered
415 Posts
Operative word being "yet". Lost your close up vision yet? If not, expect to do so within the next two years. :lol:
Ha! You got me there! I’ve noticed in the last year or two that it’s diminished. It not bad enough for me to use glasses. Cheaters in the 1.25 range help but I don’t keep them on hand. The only time I really notice it is when my son shoves something in my face.

“Hey dad check this out!!” 🧐

Edit: 15 short years ago I had 20/13 vision.
Would have been perfect but I confused one F with a P

· Registered
415 Posts
That sucks! I avoid them at all costs.
My grandfather was one of the last walking mailmen. I wonder if USPS had all these problems back then.

I Might have to invest in some plastic shipping envelopes or a wrapper of some sort.

· Registered
415 Posts
Defect, I just saw your signature line. I’m curious on your complete engine build. We have a few similarities and youve gone a fair amount further in directions I might consider one day.
I’d be more than happy help any way I can. I will say this is my first build. Other than the stout 306 that came with the car, I don’t have much to compare to.

· Registered
415 Posts
The 306 came with TFS 170’s and a custom Erson cam. No idea what the specs were. I will say that motor had a little more snap. This 331 doesn’t quite have the snap but I’m still in the process of tuning so maybe that will improve. It definitely has more torque down low and is way more drivable.

· Registered
415 Posts
Gotta be mindful when leaving dead wood in the ground. We had a large pine tree taken out and the stump ground down to expand the backyard when we first moved in. 3 years later I went to plant something in its place and found a colony of termites had moved in. I wouldn’t have treated it but the stump is 10’ from my house.

· Registered
415 Posts
I didn’t realize they were that rare
With that being said, I’m sure they’re well preserved. With the rise in price only tells me there’s more wealthy people to complete for ownership. Unless a building with 50 of these things burnt down somewhere

1 - 20 of 50 Posts