Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 4285 Posts

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I'm in KnoxVegas as well. Live off of Chapman Hwy. Would definitely like to hook up with you guys sometime. We should all go to Hooters or something....

I drive a red 91' LX.

Brian:cool:

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Hey Coil,

You weren't at Hooters(west town) this past Friday night were you? There was a red Cobra parked next to me.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Donald,

No, it's a lowered red hatch with a mach1 hood and stock ponys. If you see it parked anywhere, I've got black Corbeau GTS II seats. Can't miss them. I live off of Chapman highway so, I'm seen anywhere between there and out west. The Spot is my usual hangout. Probably end up there tonight.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Donald,

Yeah, the one I saw was a 94 or 95 and had either 95 cobra rs or 98 cobra rims. Looked good.

Billy- Hooters is definitely cool with me. Friday night or Sat afternoon or night is good. Or even Sundays to watch football etc... If we're gonna try and get together this month, this weekend is probably gonna be the last chance for most of us. I am supposed to work Sat until 5 or 6 up in Gatlinburg, but should be free for that.

Let me know guys!

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Blue,

Man, I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you about this past weekend. My alternator ended up taking a crap on me and I went ahead with a 3G. Much better now. I'm heading to Florida this coming Thursday for the holidays. Will be back the day after Xmas. We could try something that weekend?

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
If we're talking about 4pm on Saturday, 12/29, I'm in.

Larry- sorry, forgot that you and blue93stang were the same person. My bad....

How about Knoxville StangBangers.. Naw, need something more regional probably so we get everyone in the surrounding areas like Billy C. etc..... Um..... East Tennessee Mustangs?

Let me know about the Sat gig.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Definitely had a great time. It was good meeting everyone and it was a blast to sit around and talk mustangs.

I'm up for getting together on a regular basis even it were more than once a month.

Keep me posted.

Brian:D

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
So, far, the 19th is cool for me.

Larry,

I still want the intakes. Just thought I'd keep you posted. I'll be able to get them by Tues the 15th. We can meet up or something.

Let me know.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Guys,

The 19th sounds good to me. I may have to work early that morning until 2pm up in Gatlinburg, so, I might not be able to get there until around 4pm or so but I'll do my best. I'm not 100% that I'll be working but I'll see.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Larry, I'll get in touch with you next Tuesday.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Goodson,

Glad to hear that you'll be there.

Larry,

I PM'd you. I'm ready to take those intakes!!!:D Get in touch with me today if you can.

Later.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I'll definitely be there but as I said, I'll be a little late. I'm hoping to make it by 3pm if I can.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again as well as meeting new people.

Chase, sorry you won't make it. See you next time. Oh, and I got my tranny installed so I know now a little about doing it, so when you want to put in a new T45 or hey how about a T56:D , let me know.

Also, I'm looking for experienced takers on helping me install the ported cobra intake:joy: from Larry. Anyone? Paul, no broken injectors ok?:p

See you guys there.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Good seeing everyone again and meeting new people. The weather could have been better but it was still fun. Sounds like we need to decide on a name for the club huh?

I'm up for meeting whenever. I personally would be up for getting together more frequently, even if we have the "official" meet of once a month.

Paul,

Could you check on those 289 heads for me? Let me know what the combustion chamber size is, valve size, runners and what all has been done to them? And, how much he wants for them if he's gonna sell 'em?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Guys,

For those of you who were talking clutches the other day, I emailed SPEC today and asked them a couple of questions. I basically said that I had a 91 mustang with well under 300hp that the most I would probably ever mod it up to would be 400hp. I told him that it was an agressively driven daily driver. I thought SPEC stage II would be the ticket? Here's his reply:

"The Stage II is definitely my recommendation. It will hold 480 rwhp on
stickies, and its street manners are excellent. The Stage II units don't
chatter at all, and the pedal effort is relatively light. It is also the
longest lasting unit available for the Mustang.
The complete kit price is 279.00."
David N
SPEC
800-828-4379

I don't think that this is all that bad a price for this type of clutch. Any thoughts or opinions?

Goodson,

I'm ripping that H pipe off this weekend and putting the hangers on right. When you going to those eibachs? I think I do want those Bs when you swap em'

Later.

Brian
:joy: :joy:

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Yeah, I think that's a good price for that clutch.

Yeah, I was hoping to do something about the springs soon as I'm groing very tired of the car being that close to the deck. Just wasn't sure when you were planning on your swap, no biggie at all.

I'm actually getting out of work early today (12:30) and I'm hoping to get to my exhaust hanger today if possible. Otherwise I'll get to it tommorrow. I don't know if it's causing the exhaust leak or not. What it is doing is pushing up on the tailshaft of the tranny and forcing the portion of the exhaust that's around midway back, down and I'm scraping them now on things that I wasn't before.

You don't need another daily driver. You just need to enhance the one you have now. :D :D :D

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Larry,

Is it supposed to be nice on Sunday? I got this message a little late otherwise today would have been cool.

Let me know.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Larry,

Sorry that I missed you yesterday. Ended up watching football all day. Sucks that it was so nice and I didn't go outside! I really need to wash my car...

I'm up for pretty much any day for the meet except Feb 9th. I'm working all day that day.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Guys,

Wanted to throw this out since it's a ways off? Anyone interested in doing a convoy up to Corall Day 02'? Think someone said Bowling Green's maybe 6 hours from here? I

'm wanting to go and that's the weekend of my birthday, so, I'm up for anything. Not positive that I can go yet but wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this.

Brian

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
It's the weekend of the 26th of July I believe. Check out the post about it in the Windsor section.

Meanwhile... when we getting together again here?

Brian

1 - 20 of 4285 Posts