Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and just replace it with the sending unit for an aftermarket gauge.

With the vortech oil feed line thereisn't a whole lot of room down there and that autometer sending unit is HUGE. So i couldn't find any other way to do it than just take off the factory one. Is my comp gonna do anything weird or is that just for the in dash gauge?

BTW, if it would throw some kinda of weird code could i just have this taken care of when the car is tuned?

Bill

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
If you look up on the side of the block (the same side as the factory sending unit), there's another place to put a second sending unit. That way you don't lose your idiot guage. I hate seeing dead guages in my car.

Tim

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats where my vortech oil feed line taps in so i can't use that spot

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Well then, yes to your original question. I removed the factory sending unit and replaced it with the autometer before I found the other location.

Tim

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i started the car just a few minutes ago and drove it around the block for a few minutes and its seems to be running fine, no check engine light and the autometer gauge is working perfectly.

BTW, what kinda of pressure do you see:
Warm at idle?
cruising about 2000rpms?
and wot?

Bill

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Warm, at idle I see 24-25. WOT or cruising at speed I see between 50 and 75. That seems to be the norm.

Keep us posted on how you like the vortech, that'll be my next big purchase and I'm torn between a vortech and the procharger.

BTW, are you using the stock heads; ported stock heads with PI exhaust valves; PI heads w/o swirl dams, etc?

Tim

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i finished the vortech install today and so far i love it. If your looking for a quiet blower I would DEFINETLY go with the SQ trim. The vortech kit was great and very complete even came with some extra stuff that i used other places. The heads on the car are houston performance ported 2001 PI heads w/ the swirl dams removed, houston performance blower cams(531 lift 292 dur) and its a stock 2000 intake.

I'm going to Houston performance on the 25th to get it dyno tuned so i should have numbers and actually street results/SOTP results by then.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts