Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to keep my nitrous kit and put it back own my car. I just have a few HP questions about it. So all of the people that have nitrous listen up. I want to put a 150hp kit on, so how much should it pick me up in the 1/4 mile? Should I spray it off the line? I know that if I spray it off the line without slicks it wont run for ****. If I can get it to hook do you think that I could go into the 11's if I am running 13.50's on slicks. Give me all of you thoughts thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I personally would not spray off the line, without some type of progressive controller, built bottom, and a great rearend.

I doubt that you'd make it into the 11's even with slicks, knock about a second and a 1/4 off...Low 12's are a good goal.
What is your mph with that 13.5?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My hole run was:

rt: .589
60': 1.875
1/8: 8.879
1/4:13.58
mph: 103.8

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not sure about a 150 shot. But My times below are on the 100 shot. I ran a best of 13.3 at 106.xx MPH NA.

Just make sure you got a good fuel pump. What kind of pistons do you got?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anaconda have you sprayed your mustang at the track. If so what does it run on motor and what does it run on nitrous. I know that if I spray it with a 150 hp it want put but about 120hp to the rear wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Stang Racer 5.0 said:
I have decided to keep my nitrous kit and put it back own my car. I just have a few HP questions about it. So all of the people that have nitrous listen up. I want to put a 150hp kit on, so how much should it pick me up in the 1/4 mile? Should I spray it off the line? I know that if I spray it off the line without slicks it wont run for ****. If I can get it to hook do you think that I could go into the 11's if I am running 13.50's on slicks. Give me all of you thoughts thanks.
Put a msd window switch on your system.. Put a 3000 and a 5800 0r 6000 chip in the top side.. IF the car hooks well and you can launch in the 3800 to 4000 range and flat foot it ,, IT will be close.. I would start with a 75 shot and work you way up.. A good intank pump is a must.. I run a 255lph walboro and have no lean problems..

SEE my sig and you can see what a dry 125 shot does for me:evil:

BUT REMEMBER THIS.. BABY STEPS when it comes to nitrous.. Retard the timing some.. AND lean is mean but FAT IS WHERE IT'S AT !!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
795 Posts
RoughNTough said:
I personally would not spray off the line, without some type of progressive controller, built bottom, and a great rear end.
If he put a window switch on so it cant spray below 3000 rpm it will be fine..

As for the built bottom:rolleyes: :rolleyes: 2 years and lots of nitrous passes , and 120 k miles NO PROBLEMS and still no oil usage between oil changes :D

And for the built rear.. I have stock rear with rebuilt posi, totally stock suspension and a set of moser 28 spline axles(had a bearing go bad and get a axle so i decided to upgrade a little but i was running these times on a TOTALLY stock except for 3.73 gears REAREND!!!:evil:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Stang Racer 5.0 said:
Anaconda have you sprayed your mustang at the track. If so what does it run on motor and what does it run on nitrous. I know that if I spray it with a 150 hp it want put but about 120hp to the rear wheels. Thanks
I haven't been to the track yet, sorry.

Actually, my car has been sitting in my friend's driveway since late May while I finish my tranny rebuild.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I went from running a best of [email protected] to [email protected] with my ZEX kit set up with the 125hp jets. I used the nitrous off the line but got NO traction(no big suprise). My sixty foot times were all around 2 seconds(crapy) flat. That was using 245/50 Nitto drag radials. So I think you'd hit low to mid 12's maybe more if you use the NX nitrous kit since they rate power levels at the rear wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts