Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting a set of 33 spline Moser axles and want to do the c clip elims. at the same time. I saw an advertisement that said "not recommended for disc brakes". I just need to know why c clip elims. not recommended. Is it not possible? Am I going to have to switch to drum brakes? Thanks.

Heath

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Well the main thing is they are not recommended if you do some street driving. The more you make turns on etc...the more likely that you will get leakage through the c-clips.

Troy

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I'm pretty sure that NHRA mandates c-clip eliminators at certain ETs. At 11.99 or faster if your running slicks and 10.99 or faster in all other cases. I will have to check the NHRA rule book in a little while to double check.

Troy

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speedbunch, I plan on spooling the rear so I don't think I want to depend on my calipers to hold the axles in.

Redesnk95, I plan on running 10s with the new combo so I know I need them to be legal. What I'm looking for is to find out if there are any insallation problems or fabrication that needs to be done to make c clip elims. work with disc brakes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
When i took my car to have the rear done,the c-clip eliminator axles were a option from moser.Like Troy said,the only problems with the c-clips is when driven on the street they tend to leak.When you change the axels,you need to switch over the anti-lock rings also.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have ABS so I don't have the exciter rings.

I was thinking the end of the axle flange is different on disc brake cars but maybe not. I'll just give Moser a call today and see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts