Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m picking up parts as a fair amount is out of stock. Waiting on heads and lifters

Wondering if anybody has any experience on what I can expect for HP/TQ out of it. Combos is 10.5:1 347, 205 11R’s, TFS #4 cam, victor JR intake Holley HP 750.

thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a 408W with the 11R 190s. I think it runs pretty good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
453.2hp/467.6ft. Lbs @ 6400 rpm is exactly what that combo will make. No more, no less. All joking aside, my buddy has these heads on his fox and originally had the 190 I believe (could be wrong), they picked up a good amount. Car runs good

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I just added the 190s to my stock bottom end 302. I'm hoping for 360-370 rwhp once tuned.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Bored this morning, so I plugged your combo into CamQuest just for fun. It thinks you're a little over-cammed and would get the same HP with the TFS Stage 3 cam, but a little more torque. It predicts 436 RWHP, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt. I think it likes the smaller cam whereas the 11R205 head has an "on the low side" 70% E/I ratio and the stage 3 has essentially the same exhaust lobe with less intake lobe.

Reactions: tinner

·
Registered
649 Posts
Always loved the look of a single plane with a carb, just wanted efi on my car instead. Thing looks bad ass.
Yup. Mine is efi also.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bored this morning, so I plugged your combo into CamQuest just for fun. It thinks you're a little over-cammed and would get the same HP with the TFS Stage 3 cam, but a little more torque. It predicts 436 RWHP, obviously to be taken with a grain of salt. I think it likes the smaller cam whereas the 11R205 head has an "on the low side" 70% E/I ratio and the stage 3 has essentially the same exhaust lobe with less intake lobe.
We’re hoping for 500-525hp on engine dyno. Kinda considered the stage 3 but didn’t think the 12 degree split was necessary. Would have preferred 6-8 split but chose the stage 4 as it was close for a OTS cam. N91 was a close 2nd

·
Registered
92 Posts
We’re hoping for 500-525hp on engine dyno. Kinda considered the stage 3 but didn’t think the 12 degree split was necessary. Would have preferred 6-8 split but chose the stage 4 as it was close for a OTS cam. N91 was a close 2nd
There’s an article with a stock crank and rod 357w making 505 to the crank with 190 11r heads and a 228 236 @50 cam with like mid .500s lift. Had like 10.7:1 compression with a Vic jr intake. Should definitely make similar/more power considering the larger cam, similar compression, and induction system. I believe they used a bit more carb too.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It's a shame to have to bolt on such pretty looking heads. I just got some 11R 190cc heads that came in a few days ago.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a shame to have to bolt on such pretty looking heads. I just got some 11R 190cc heads that came in a few days ago. View attachment 1069106
Est shipping from summit is 3/22. But TFS on the phone said they were assembling heads and hoping to be shipping a bunch out soon. So I have them ordered up hoping the wait isn’t that long. Those sure look nice

1 - 20 of 37 Posts