Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have some run time with the car it seems like either my 3-4, 4-3, or 4th gear converter lockup needs some adjustment.
It just seems like the computer wants to make changes too often when there is a slight change in throttle position. I am going to log the controls to see what is going on, but I was curious to see if anybody else has messed with this part of the software yet. There are a lot of parameters to log for sure.

Not an issue by any means, just looking to fine tune some of the shift characteristics since my trans is not a stock 4R.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
apparently I am on an island here. hahaha
Anyways, I finally tried to go WOT in my car, but it seems that I did not actually hit WOT. Therefore my shift points relied on the non-WOT shift points causing me to bounce off of the limiter.

After talking to Chris and looking at the Cal file, the non-WOT shift points are based on a stock like combination of an auto trans and rearend gear. Since the shift points are mph based I back calculated the rpm needed to hit that shift point and sure enough it was taking my to my rev limit of 6400rpm.

I plan to reduce the shift points by roughly 8% to keep my upper non-WOT shift points below 5800.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts