Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody here spraying a n/a 2.3? I am thinking about getting one for a beater. I could swap all my Turbo Coupe stuff in it but I have that stuff for sale, so I dont know what I want to do. I dont want the beater to be THAT slow, so if I got one, it would put the 2.3t in or get nitrous. How do they seem to hold up on nitrous? I know the typical blah blah, make sure you dont run lean thing, have colder plugs, back the timing down thing. :) I had a 150 shot on my 94 Z28. What years did these cars come with MAF's or were they VAM like the Turbo Coupes? The stock fuel pump is the same as a 5.0 car right? Thats a little on the small side. Who all here sprays the ***** out of their 2.3? I am thinking about a 75-100 shot, that way the car would get out of it's own way. :) The 2.3t swap is an idea but I could get a 4 cylinder notchback cheap, put a used nitrous kit on it and have a decent beater. It would probally be faster than my Turbo Coupe too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A buddy of mine sprays his n/a 2.3. He puts down 117rwhp before nitrous because he milled his head, got a high flow intake, exhaust, header, etc. He's sprayed as much as 75 so far and will spray more once I help him tune it with my wide band 02 meter. He runs low-mid 15's at nearly 90mph on a 50 shot. He's running a turbo shortblock though.

The 91-93 cars are maf cars but they are also DIS and dual plug. 87-90's are speed density.

The n/a shortblock shouldn't have any trouble holding up to a 100 or 150 shot as long as it doesn't go lean or anything. The crank and rods are good for 400+hp.

Fuel pump is same as 5.0.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i was just thinkin about puttin my NOS dry kit on mine, but i did not think the 2.3 could hold the power of a 125 shot. that has to feel so great when pushing the button, on my 5.0 it was a difference like night and day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sure it will...if you use a wet kit. The rods and crank is good for over 400hp. If you don't detonate or go lean the pistons will hold up just fine as well.

·
Registered
227 Posts
sorry im not following, so if i put my dry 125 it will handle the power no prob right?

·
Registered
244 Posts
No, not with a dry kit. The injectors are too small...pump may be too.

A wet kit will work though if you upgrade the fuel pump (same stock pump as the 5.0).

Like I said though, if it is tuned correctly and doesn't go lean or detonate it will most certainly take it.

Stinger

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, like Stinger said, the injectors are way too small. With a dry kit, you have to have enough injector to feed the power of the engine AND the nitrous. With a wet kit, you get fuel added from somewhere like the shrader valve and it's sprayed in at the same time so whatever injectors your car needs n/a will feed it on the nitrous too. Thats another reason I have never liked dry kits.

·
Registered
227 Posts
thanx all

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just the opposite...WET is safer because it doesn't rely on your stock injectors and increased fuel pressure.

140k isn't that many miles. It wouldn't be smart unless you know what your doing though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The only problem with a wet kit is fuel puddling and its not that big of a problem on a small shot. The fuel pump is easily upgraded by using an aftermarket 5 litre one. I wouldnt go to big on it tho, I doubt the lines are up to more than a 155 or 190 pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts