Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a Mighty Mite with a manual valve body and a brake. I'm not sure that any 5-speed trans is going to be happy behind the new combo and I'm considering going to an auto sooner rather than later.
Anybody running a C4 and what was involved in the swap?
Thanks.
S.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody?
S.

·
Registered
10 Posts
there isn't much involved specific to a 94-95, with the exception of you either have to move the cross member forward and get alonger driveshaft or a driveshaft spacer. I made a plate for my cross member to bolt up to the trans and left the cross member in the same spot

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am in the process of doing this...it's pretty straight forward really.

For the shifter, I am going to use a Hurst Quarterstick, but I really like the B&M Hammer. There is a version of the hammer designed for the '94+ console, infact there is one for sale in the classified section at this time. It looks really good in there. New the shifter runs $200 and you need a $60 kit to make it work with the C4. I have been told that the kit to make the Hammer work with the C4 will also make the stock AODE shifter work with the C4 but I don't know that for certian so YMMV.

Here is the link to the used shifter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.