Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help?

I would like to get my car dyno'd but I don't really want to drive forever if there is a shop close by.

Any tips before getting it done, to get the best numbers out of it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i don't know exactly where ventura is but do you know where corona is, it's off the 15 and 91 freeways. there you have brothers performance who can dyno your car, plus up in hunington beach there is powertrain dynamics. swansons performance does dyno tunes/chips and they are in the La Area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Call Paxton S/C. They are located in Oxnard. 1-805-487-3796. They use to dyno out of their old facilities before moving in with Vortech.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i don't think paxton does anymore and if they do they use a mustang dyno which typically will give lower numbers then a dyno-jet dyno!
the closest place is Morgan motorsports in the valley, i believe off of reseda blvd. they are mostly chevy guys but the dyno works the same! i usually go there!
I had my chip burned at powertrain dynamics in huntington beach, but i could never get ahold of him so i finally just drove there and fortunately he was able to squeeze me in!
Leon

·
Registered
157 Posts
46stang,

Moorpark? Cripes. What are the odds of finding another Corral weenie from Moorpark? I live over by the High School. What color is your car?

I have also used Morgan Motorsports, and was treated well. Tips... bring a bag of ice to cool your intake. Make sure you have no hi-speed misfiring going on, or change plugs/wires.

·
Registered
253 Posts
steve97cobra: not sure why my avatar was off but pic is there now! stock looking but not stock sounding:cool: 96 gt! it's a small world! I live off of miller park way/science drive, in the cantara houses. whats your car look like?
Leon

·
Registered
157 Posts
Leon,

Its a 3x black 97 Cobra vert with fat wheels & tires, side exhaust (like the 2000 R), steeda wing, and the export flares. Else it looks stock. It's kinda setup for open track (whatever makes sense for a vert!), and has a roll bar and harnesses. See my signature, above.

My buddy ordered an 03 Cobra, and the dealer (Barber Ford) just told him it would be here the week of May 27th. Man... that is going to be an awesome car. When do you think you'll get yours?

I know the Cantara homes; new, very nice. I'm over in the Deauvilles.

Steve (aka steve97Cobra)

·
Registered
96 Posts
oxnard here. how about magnusson products. they bought germanson's dynojet but im not sure if they do dyno pulls.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Germanson had a Mustang dyno, not a Dynojet. Where/who is Magnuson? Any good?

Steve (aka steve97Cobra)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RdSnake,

You live in Oxnard. Me too. That is a trip. What does your stang look like. Any pics?

Steve97Cobra,

I believe Magnusson is a manufacturer of blowers. I did not know they had a dynojet.

Do they have a shop? Do any dyno tuning with chips?

·
Registered
96 Posts
steve97Cobra said:
Germanson had a Mustang dyno, not a Dynojet. Where/who is Magnuson? Any good?
whatever germanson had, magnusson bought it and germanson works for them now. they are a blower company specializing in eaton superchargers.

i have a red vert cobra. check the link on my sig. what do yours look like, steve and dub?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Holy cow, I now two of you guys. Oh, you guys new that already.

Hey Lon...Chris is all excited about the engine he bought off of you.

Hey Steve...I am taking care of this blower for you.

Jerome

·
Registered
253 Posts
steve97cobra: thanks for the compliment:eek: we just moved into this house last month! we like it. i think i've seen your car around it sounds really sweet:) i hope to see you around!

fyi: germansons dyno sucks balls!! my car made 247rwhp and 275rwtq! i went to morgan motorsports a few weeks later and dynoed 272rwhp and 300rwtq! no changes made! they used a mustang dyno fyi.

whats up jerome? yea i sold it too him because i'm getting the cobra and he wants to do what i was going to do with it! go balls out!!!!
I ordered it from simi valley ford, they have a grey one coming in first and then mine so if i had to guess i would say middle to end of june??? I'm going to try and find out soon! well have to meet up at cruisers when i get it! do you want to be one of the first on here to brag about beating a 03 cobra?? we could do a little racing action if you want! just for fun of course:) later.
Leon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts