Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new exhaust from header to tips. I'm thinking about using mustang warehouse to get mac shorty headers, h pipe with high flow cats and mac catback exhaust (2 1/2 setup)

Is this going to be very loud compared to stock? I'm really wanting a mild sound. I've only got a mildly modded 5.0 with a supercharger.

any experience with them or mac products? and how would this compare to stock setup (HP gain)?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mac mufflers are VERY Loud and drone like crazy. I prefer my Magnaflows over the Mac stuff. As for Mac headers, from everything I read they are poor quality and do not add as much power as others. My car came with mac shorty headers but they will soon be replaced. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I like them alot. They do have a great sound when at WOT. The quality isnt that bad as stated. Every company has there downfalls. But i have been using MAC for some years, Yes thee quality isnt great, but lil things can make them much more better than a set od bassanis. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bought my car with full mac exhaust and it sounded like cherry bombs on the stock engine. Now with heads, cam, intake it sounds bad ass. I have a x-pipe now so that made a big difference in the tone of it too.

btw, they loud and do not drone at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts