Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your impression?

Can you get it to idle with out being super rich?

I really don’t want to switch to a Pro-M

Personally haven’t had much success with it so far, although I originally got the C&L because I was going to get a T-Trim but ended up with a Procharger, so it could be partly my fault for not getting the correct meter of the application.

I still am correcting the mistake in I made in the bypass location, but have done some research and it seems that this meter is extremely rich at idle in other applications as well.

Any using one?

·
Registered
881 Posts
My C&L has the same problem. It runs so rich it idles like crap then just dies so I'm getting a chip burned for the car to fix the idle. All the KB'd guys I know had problems with their Pro M units as well.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's see how it runs after I make all my changes, looks like I going to have to get a tweeker.

·
Registered
63 Posts
we run a D1-r with 42's and an 80mm C&L. We tried a pro-m 75 bullet with no possible way to drive the car. After talking to 3 diff repuitable shops that told me the 75 bullits were junk, I went to the Bowling Green event and bought a 80 C&L with the 42 sampling tube. So far it does run rich at idle but not terrible. Also I read somewhere that a fella turned his C&L meter backwards for his blow through setup and it worked great! Have you guys heard or tried anything like that?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use a C&L with 42 and it doesnt run rich or idle badly runs damn good after I set the minimum idle and the tps correctly it runs great fuel pressure at 40 with vaccum off

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same problem at idle, but with surging as well. I switched to a Granatelli (same concept as a Pro-M) and evrything now iworks great. Much better (in my opinion) then a C&L.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts